009 | will we die, just a little

NEWT, BETTY, TINA, JACOB AND Queenie all stood on a random rooftop underneath a giant sign

NEWT, BETTY, TINA, JACOB AND Queenie all stood on a random rooftop underneath a giant sign. As they stand on the edge they have a clear view of all of the chaod that was going on in the streets below them.

"Is that the Obscurus thing?" Jacob asked, obviously scared and in shock. He had experienced more magic on 2 days than most muggles would in a lifetime.

The sounds of sirens ring out among the streets and Newt tenses up as he looks out at the mess. Betty grabs his hand reassuringly and he smiles at her, squeezing her hand gently to thank her.

"Thats more powerful than I've ever seen before," he said, his voice low and quiet as he looked around again.

They hear a particularly loud explosion in the distance and notice how the city was starting to burn. Newt took a deep breath before picking his case up.

He took his hand out of Bettys abruptly and looked at her confused expression. Newt pushed the case into her hands and placed a hand delicately on her cheek as he pulled a journal out of his pocket, holding it in his other hand.

"If I don't come back, look after my creatures," he said and Betty's face was covered in shock and confusion. He hands her the journal, not making eye contact with her as both of his hands dropped to his side.

"What?" She exclaimed, her voice laced with worry as he looked out at the city.

"I'm not going to let them kill him," he said. Betty didn't know who he was talking to, it seemed like he was talking to himself as he decided what he needed to do.

Betty furrowed her brow with a confused expression. He turns back to look at Betty for what may be the last time.

Their eyes meet and for a split second it felt perfect. But at the same time it felt like the same thing that happened 13 years ago. They both stared at each other for a second, his eyes flicking down to her lips before he disapparted.

"Here, hold onto this," Betty said, shoving the case in Tina's hands before disapparating away.

The scene is chaotic, buildings were on fire and the screams of civilians echoed through the square. Betty apparated on the end, hiding behind a car.

She saw Newt and for a second their eyes met again, "Betts!" He exclaimed, clearly unhappy that she had decided to join him in this fight.

She rushed over, dodging behind rubble before she met Newt as they hid behind a fallen car.

"I wasn't going to let you fight alone Newt," she said and he reluctantly smiled, taking her hand gently as they hid, listening to Graves as he talked to the Obscurus.