Prologue

A SMALL 11 YEAR OLD BETTYPrewett walked onto the train, taking one last look at her family before boarding it

Prewett walked onto the train, taking one last look at her family before boarding it.

Her parents stood with all of her siblings. Francis and Gideon were older, they had just left Hogwarts and were training to ge aurors but her younger siblibgs were the most annoying. Ignatius was a stuck up brat sometimes but in his defense he is only 6 and there was Tessa who is only 3 years old and hopefully the last prewett.

Betty walked along the corridors as she looked for a cabin to sit in for a ride, her father always told her that finding a suitable cabin was always the key to making your friends for life here at hogwarts so she took extra consideration as she looked in each window.

By the time she reached the end they were all full so she opened the furthest one where only one boy sat, all alone reading a book.

She took a deep breath and leaned against the door, the boy looking up at her in shock.

"Sorry, all the other ones are full, can I sit?" Betty asked and he nodded, a shy expression on his face as she sat on the seat opposite to him. He wore jeans and a blue jacket that looked worn and faded, most likely a hand me down from someone else.

"I'm Betty Prewett," she said, trying to diffuse the tension in the room.

He looked back up from the book, brushing his redish brown hair out of his bright blue eyes.

"Newt, Scamander," he said as he stook his hand out for her to shake. She grinned at him before shaking his hand.

He studied her features as he leaned back in his seat, placing his book next to him.

She had auburn hair, it wasn't red like her siblings or even ginger, it was sort of dark red. To go with that she had curious blue eyes that almost mirrored his own and they both seemed to get along like they had known each other for their entire lives.

They arrived at Hogwarts, getting off the boats and walking into the room that had four tables that all pointed to a front row of teachers.

In the middle of it was a pale black haired man who must have been 60 years old and she looks at Newt as they approach the front of the room where another man stood waiting in front of a stool, holding a hat in one hand.

He started calling up names.

Maggie Spinnet in Gryffindor, Abagail Creevey in Hufflepuff, Leta Lestrange in Slytherin, Newt Scamander in Huffelpuff, Horace Slughorn in Slytherin Castor Patil in Ravenclaw and finally they called her name.

"Elizabeth Prewett," he said and she approached the stool, taking a seat and looking for Newt in the crowd.

When their eyes met he sent her a reassuring smile before the sorting hat was placed on top of her head.

"Hmm, the loyalty and compassion of Hufflepuff but the bravery from Gryffindor, what to do, what to do," the sorting hat questioned and she felt so nervous, all of her family had been in Gryffindor and she didn't want to be the first one who wasn't.