Chapter 18

Blanche POV:

I finally got home from my stupid appointment with the hospital, honestly I don't get why the process to get an abortion takes so long . From my understanding all they needed to do was give me the abortion pill and my life will be back to normal, instead I now had a file documenting my intention to have my child aborted. This abortion needed to be a secret, hidden and forgotten. I was a good girl most people don't even believe that i am capable of having sex at all. They believe all I do is read books, go to work and earn money no excitement at all, zero!.

I still had the letter with me from the hospital documenting me intention to go forward with this abortion and even though I had my own small apartment where nobody will come and snoop in my stuff or even find this letter I still felt the need to hide the letter. I found a space underneath my bedside table, it was almost like an extra drawer but no handel indicating this was a extra drawer. I safely hid the letter there where I was 99.9% certain nobody will find it.

I still had the rest of the day free so I decided to head over to jail and visit Roy-lee I don't know if I felt guilty for not telling him about our baby or because of the fact that I never bothered to get some money so he would be able to have his freedom again. But I somehow felt this urgent need to see him and talk to him maybe just make sure he is still in good shape under the circumstances.

I barely ate lunch I just started to walk in the direction of the jail and soon I will be able to see him. As soon as I arrived at the jail the same protocol  as last time was followed . I sat at the table waiting from him to came through the door  after a few seconds a guard approached me indicating that Roy- Lee has been moved to another prison and the only people who they are willing to give the information to is his parents or any close relatives and since I didn't fall into the category I was asked to leave.

I felt so hopeless and lost , I was dating this boy for sometime now yet he never bothered to introduce me to any of his siblings and funny enough it never seem to bother me up until this moment.

I had no idea where to even begin my search for his parents or some close relative atleast. He never introduced me to any close friends either most of the time it was just me and him alone in this little cocoon I have been calling home.

I had to find him I just had to! And yes I was spiteful thinking that the help I promised him can wait until I had finished my abortion this wag he will never even notice any change in my body and never even know there was something called a baby.