Chapter 1

Jackie and I been together for five years. I feel like she's the one. I just needed to find the right time to tell her I was transgender. I haven't told her yet and I feel guilty. I know I shouldn't lie to her and I should've told her the truth. I always been afraid to tell people and what they would think. I didn't want Jackie to look at me any differently. 

"Toby, I know you love her man but you got to tell her." Aiden said as he sat down across from me.

"I know I need too. I'm afraid." I sighed as I stirred my coffee.

"She loves you." Aiden smiled.

"I know she does. I love her. I'm afraid she won't love me after I tell her." I frown and took a sip.

"You can't keep this from her. She needs to know." Aiden smiled.

"Needs to know what?" Jackie smiled as she came into the kitchen.

"How much I love you." I smiled.

Jackie came over and gave me a kiss. "I will be working late tonight. Don't have too much fun with Aiden. Tomorrow you and me will have to plan a dinner date."

"We will do our best not to have too much fun." I laughed. "I'm sure I can arrange for something." 

"Alright. I love you." Jackie said as she picked up her keys off the counter and left.

"I love you too." I said as the door shut.

Aiden smirked. "So what are we going to do tonight? Karoake? Drag show?"

I laughed. "I always love a good drag show."

"Good because Mandy Mango is doing a show tonight and I got tickets for us." Aiden smirked.

"Sweet." I said.

"I heard that Deja is going to be there." Aiden smiled.

I had a crush on Deja back in the day. I laughed. "You won't let me live that one down will you."

"Never man." Aiden laughed.

We got up and Aiden tossed his keys to me.

"You're letting me drive." I smirked.

"Yes your driving there and I'm sure I will drive your drunk ass home later." He laughed.

I grabbed my wallet off the counter and we headed out. I got behind the wheel of Aiden's orange dodge charger. The way she purred when I started her up made me smile. Aiden told me where to go so I drove. It was our favorite bar, The Planet. It was run by Darren and Dave. Pulling into the lot we got out and headed inside.

We were able to get a seat close to the front. "I'm going to get a beer. What do you want?" I asked Aiden.

"A coke." He said and looked around the bar.

I stood behind a woman at the bar and waited for my turn. She had gorgeous black hair and her curves were enough for my eyes to wander over not realizing she turned back to look at me.

"Do you like what you see?" She smirked bringing me back to reality.

"I...ummm..." I stammered out.

"Toby?" The woman raised her eyebrows at me.

"Yes." I said.

"It's me, Carmen Chavez." She smiled.

Carmen! As in Carmen my boss. I closed my eyes and ran my fingers through my hair. She looked different. She didn't look like the stuck up bitch that wandered around the office.

"Wow." I said.

"Wow what?" She stared at me realizing I spoke outloud.

I swallowed. "You look gorgeous."