Chapter 3

I continued to drive. I felt as her hands wrapped tighter around me. I bit my lip as I navigated the streets. I soon came to stop at my house. 

"Do you want to come inside?" I asked. "I can take you home whenever I just thought we could talk more."

"Sure. I could use a drink." Carmen said.

We went inside and I poured us both some coffee.

"Thanks." Carmen said as she took a cup from me. "What do you want to talk about?"

"You're welcome. So I was thinking of telling Jackie tonight. Just still nervous cause I don't know how she's going to react. I lied for her for so long. I mean five years." I sighed.

"Like I told you. She has to have some idea. Not to be all up in hour business but...." She stopped. "Ya know...like down there?" She looked down at my crotch.

"Are you trying to ask me if I had bottom surgery?" I smirked.

"Yes. But I didn't want to be all up in your business. I mean couldn't she tell the difference?" Carmen asked.

I sighed. "I don't know." I closed my eyes and opened them slowly.

Carmen grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

"Hey babe. Are you home?" Jackie said as she came through the door.

Carmen pulled her away and took a sip of coffee.

"Yeah in the kitchen." I said.

Jackie came in and saw Carmen sitting there. She narrowed her eyes.

"I didn't realize we had company." Jackie said.

"Yeah. We had lunch together and came back here to talk." I said.

"We do need to talk." Jackie said.

"Yes we do." I agreed.

Carmen stood up. " I should go."

"Wait I will need to give you a ride." I said.

Carmen stopped. Shit she mumbled.

"Jackie let me take Carmen home and we can talk." I said.

I picked up my keys and followed Carmen out. Jackie soon on the porch and watched as we pulled away.

"I don't think she likes me." Carmen said.

"Yeah sorry about that." I said.

"You'll have to let me know what she tells you. That is if you want too." Carmen said.

"Of course." I said. "Where am I taking you?"

"I live a block from Diamond st on third street." Carmen said.

I drove in that direction and Carmen told me where to go. Soon I pulled up to her house. She got off and took the helmet off.

"I had fun today." Carmen said.

"Me too." I said.

"Get back to Jackie. Text me later." Carmen said.

I nodded my head as I pulled away. I got home quick. I went inside to see that Jackie was sitting at the kitchen table holding onto something.

"Hey sorry I'm back." I smiled.

"It's alright." She said. "I been wanting to tell you all week." Jackie slid an envelope across the table to me.

"What is this?" I asked confused.

"Just open it." Jackie smiled.

I did as she asked and pulled out a picture of an ultrasound. I stared at it. No. This can't be.

"Aren't you gonna say anything? Babe we're pregnant!" Jackie said.

I got up tucking the picture into my pocket. "I got to go." I said.

I ran out the door. I got on my motorcycle and drove. I ended up back at Carmen's. I stood there for what seemed like minutes until I finally knocked.

The door opener and Carmen stood there. "Hey, is everything okay?"

I started to break down. Next thing I know Carmen's arms were wrapped around me holding me.

"What's going on?" She asked concerned.

I reached into my pocket and pulled out the ultrasound picture. I stepped back from Carmen as she looked at it.

"I know your not pregnant. No tell me this isn't Jackie's?!" Carmen nearly shouted.

I sighed. "It is. That means she's been cheating on me." I wiped the tears from my eyes.

"Patearé el culo de esa perra!"Carmen said.

"I have no idea what you just said." I laughed. "What do I do?"

"Did you confront her?" Carmen asked.

"No I just up and left. I don't even know what to say to her." I sighed.

"You got to talk to her at some point." Carmen said.

"I know I do." I sighed. "I'm just so angry and upset!"

"I'm sorry." Carmen said.

My phone started to ring. I looked to see it was Jackie calling. Carmen touched my arm. "Talk to her."

I picked up the phone.

"Hey babe. What's going on?" Jackie asked.

"Jackie I know you're cheating on me." I stared blankly.

"What no?!" Jackie said.

"Jackie I'm transgender. I should've told you sooner." I stated.

"So you fucking lied to me?!" Jackie shouted.

"Oh hell no!" Carmen reached over and took the phone from my hand. She clicked the end call. "Nope that's not gonna happen. She isn't going to blame you. Why don't you stay here tonight and just figure things out?"

"Thanks." I said.

"You're welcome." Carmen said.