That's what she said..

Saturday morning you were up before the Sun. As you dressed determination flowed through you. Bucky was going to help you and you him.

You though about Bucky's request as you dressed.

I need help dating.

Honestly you knew his problem was simple. He didn't know how to relax and just be. It was almost like he was afraid to let go and have fun. Like he was always waiting for the worst.

Yesterday you couldn't place what it was that you noticed but it came to you now. He had a deep sadness about him.

Maybe I need to stop giving him so much shit.

You threw on your sweater and headed toward the door. As you opened it you jumped in surprise as Bucky's hand was still in the air, ready to knock.

"Good you're up," he said putting his hand down. "Thought I was going to have to drag you out of bed."

You smirked, "focus and discipline," you say heading toward the elevators

You smirked, "focus and discipline," you say heading toward the elevators. "So what's the plan Sargent?"

"We run," he said pointedly. "We'll see how good you are on your feet," he said leading the way.

After you both stretched he lead you straight through the woods. You noticed he never took the designated running path that everyone else did.

Keeping up with him was hard. He was hyper focused but you were determined. Halfway through he motioned for you to stop.

Breathing heavy you reached for the water bottle on your hip. As you gasped to catch your breath you took in your surroundings. You've never been this deep in the forest around the compound. It was quiet in the early morning hours.

"I can see why you like to run this way," you say to him.

"What do you mean," he asked.

"You never take the running path. You're always running opposite everyone else. Here it's just you and nature," you observed.

"You keeping tabs on me?" He asked as  you rolled your eyes at him.

"I like the quiet and the wild," he said. "I do know it feels like..." He trailed off looking for the words.

"Like safety?" You finish.

"In a way yeah," his eyes on you. "I was caged for a long time. Here I can feel free."

For a moment you both stood there with only the sound of song birds in the air. You felt like he just told you a secret.