Chapter 1: The Perfect Summer

Start from the beginning

"Because" she accentuated the word "It will be so awkward to hear your sister sleep talk about how much she loves my brother and Edward being there like a creep watching her sleep, it's just too much"

I grimaced at that, it was a solid point

"At least you pretend to sleep when I am sleeping" I agreed, she nodded her head knowingly.

"Seriously, I am just waiting for Edward to do something to annoy me so I can call the cops on him for stalking" she skimmed with an evil smile. I burst out laughing, she joined me.

"You are evil" I rolled my eyes, she looked satisficed by my statement.

"That I am" she smiled.

"Charlie would flip" I snorted at the mental image "Ever since what happen with James, he hates Edward"

"Me, on the other hand; He adores" Rosalie flipped her hair, I rolled my eyes.

"Because you flirt with him" I gave her a knowing look.

"I do not flirt with your dad" she gave me a disapproving glance.

"How did you convince him to let me go road tripping with you all summer?" I asked her, knowing too well that the whole story that Rosalie told me about how she casually mentioned that she and her sisters wanted to hit the road and how Charlie had volunteered me as a roadie was bullshit. It was too much coincidence that she arrived to pick me up 30 minutes before we agreed because she got off early and wanted to see me, and that Charlie happened to be there to entertain her as I finished my shower.

"I already told you" she was trying to hold back a smile and seem innocent but I knew better "I talked about my summer plans with Charlie and he told me you needed to let loose a little and that I should consider inviting you, so I did"

I squinted my eyes at her, that did not add up at all "Yeah, right".

"Cross my heart"

"I wonder if Charlie will feel the same when he knows that we two are dating" I tapped my chin trying to seem nonchalant.

"Well, I think, he will be delighted to know you won't get knocked up for sleeping with me" she gave me a mischievous smile, I bit my lip.

Rosalie and I's relationship was not exactly the most physical of relationships. Not compared to another teenage couple and definitely not compared to her siblings' relationships. In fact, we had only kissed three times.

The first time was in the Hospital after the whole tracker situation, the second took place a week later at our 'private' prom at her house and the third happened 4 days ago. All three times have been heavenly amazing but short and innocent. My 16-year-old self was yearning for more.

I haven't pressed the matter because I knew her past so I waited for her to initiate most of our physical contact. Hand holding, cuddling, hugging or kissing, I let her call all the shots. Then I thought that perhaps she was afraid of hurting me with her enhanced strength but one call with Bella – and she mentioned how much she adored making out with her boyfriend- was enough to convince me otherwise, so that took me back to my first assumption.

So hearing her talking about us, having such intimate contact, was both hopeful and a little reliving. I had thought that perhaps I was the only one thinking about that stuff.

"Perks" was all I could say, I turned to stare out the window with our hands intertwined.

"What are you going to tell your sister?" Rosalie's question made me turn to her, I frowned confused "She knows that Maggie and Emmett were traveling on Africa and Alice has been hanging out with her, so she must know by now that we lied to Charlie"