𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞

"I must admit Number Five. In all the times that I've been here, I've never met someone quite like you. Hazel and ChaCha, for example, Are extremely talented... but they can't see the big picture. Your spunk, you're enterprising spirit! If things work out for you here, you could potentially make a fine successor. " She tells us as we walk in a building. 

"I'd like to discuss the logistics of my family's safety at your earliest convenience. As well as a body replacement. For the both of us." 

I let out a wide smile, all my teeth are showing! I can't even imagine what I would look like as an adult..

Five is speeding up the stairs, "Slow down five. All in good time. In fact, now we have all the time in the world!"

I can't help to notice, but the whole time we have been here people have been giving Five deathstares! How rude am I right? Then they just smile at me.

---

"All the people on this floor are case managers, each one is responsible for one major event at a time." The handler informs us as we walk into a room full of probably.. Thousands of people! 

"Woah." I mutter.

"Woah is right!" The handler chuckles.

"So many of them." Five whispers, 

"Impressive, isn't it? Being apart of something... so grand..... Come along!" We begin to make our way down the hall. "Whenever someone chooses the wrong path and the timeline is changed,  the commission gets a report from field agents on the ground. These field reports are sorted and assigned to a case manager. They determine if anyone needs to be... removed from the equation to assure their events happen as it should. Based on that determination, the case manager sends instructions via pneumatic tube to temporal assains, like you formally were five. Any queries so far?" The handler explains. 

A billion.

"Yeah, who was the case manager handling us?" Five asks, I raise an eyebrow in agreement.

 "Ah! You mean the apocalypse."

---

"Five, Sky, meet Dot." Introduced the handler.

In a seat, was a kind-looking woman. She had a cheerful smile on. 

"Oh hi!" She smiles to me. Quickly sending five a glare before smiling again.

"Dot is responsible for all apocalypse matters. In fact, it was dot who first flagged your appearance in 2019." 

"No hard feelings." Dot smiles. 

"Well, you certainly put us through a ringer. Outsmarting the two of our so-called best assains." She then begins to speak loudly, so everyone in the room can hear. "If that doesn't spell leadership! I just don't know."

In the background, I hear little whispers in the background from other case managers. 

"Is that sky?"

"Do you remember what five...."

"That boy has some nerve."