Chapter 20: Maybe

I woke up the next day completely feeling like dead. I went to the bathroom and look at myself in the mirror. My hair was in a messy bun. My eyes were red and puffy from crying last night. 

        I heard my mom yell my name from downstairs, "Charlotte! Somebody is here for you!"

        "Who is it mom?" I yelled back untying my bun. 

        "Come downstairs!" she yelled.

        I quickly comb my hair and put it in a ponytail and went downstairs. 

        "Oh.. hey," I said while walking down the stairs.

        "Hi," Aiden said.

        "What are you doing here?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

        "I'm here to apologize face to face.." he said walking towards me.

        "You let him in?" I ask my mom.

        "What? I like him," she said then went in the kitchen.

        "I thought you liked Nate?" I said to her. "Where's dad?"

        "Work," Charlie replied eyeing Aiden.

        I pulled Aiden upstairs to my room. 

        "You better not do anything dirty to Charlotte, Aiden," Charlie said opening the front door.

        We went upstairs to my room and left the door open. 

        He took my hand and held onto it. 

        "I'm sorry.." he said looking down.

        I yank my hand from his and said, "I don't believe you... I'm sorry. But you accused me of using Nate. I wasn't, I like him.."

        I heard Charlie yelling my name from downstairs, "Charlotte! Somebody is here for you!"

        "Tell him or her to come upstairs!" I yell back.

        The person came upstairs. I look to see who it was.. it was Nate.

        "Hey," he first spoke.

        Aiden turned around and ask, "What are you doing here?"

        Oh shit, 2 boys. Love triangle sucks...

        "Um..." I don't know what to say.

        Nate answered, "I came here to talk to Char... What are you doing here?"

        "I'm here to apologize, thanks for interrupting."

        I walk to Nate and ask him, "What do you need to say?"

        "Um.. I'm not really comfortable talking to you with Aiden here so..."

        "Oh, I'm sorry. I'll leave," Aiden said then walked out of the room shoving Nate with his shoulder.

        "What did he say to you?" Nate asks.

        "He was just apologizing.." I replied. "But I didn't accept his apology. I don't like him.. I like you, Nate.."

        He took my hand and said, "I like you too, Charlotte.. will you.. uh.. be my girlfriend?" 

        I smiled at him and said, "Yes, I will be your girlfriend."

        He leaned in and pressed his lips onto mines. His lips was soft and warm. It felt.. wonderful. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        Nate texted me saying, "Hey, wanna go out for dinner?" 

        I texted him back saying, "Sure, what time?"

        "5pm. Get ready. (;"

        It was 3pm. I got up from my bed and went in my closet to find something to wear for our little 'date'. I actually like being with Nate.. not saying that I didn't like being with Aiden.. 

        I found a strapless dress from my closet. I paired it with some flats.

        I went downstairs to see Nate sitting on the couch.

        He stood up and looked at me and said, "Wow, you look beautiful, Char."

        "Thanks, you too," I said to him while walking towards him.

        He grabbed me by the waist and ask, "I'm beautiful?"

        "Yes you are," I said then kissed him.

        This is night going to be great. It'll.. make me... forget Aiden.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        After that wonderful night with Nate, no we didn't do it, I have been receiving texts messages from Aiden.

        My parents went to work and Charlie was at Claire's house. I didn't know what to do.

        I then heard the doorbell rang. I went downstairs to go get it. I opened the door to see that it was Aiden..

        "Hi.." He first spoke.

        "Hey, what are you doing here?" I ask.

        "Can I come in?" he ask me before coming in.

        "Uh sure.."

        "Look, Charlotte, I'm sorry for saying those things to you.. You know that I don't mean it, right?"

        I sat down on the couch and he did too.

        "I.. I don't know Aiden.. I don't really know if I trust you or not.."

        He took my hand and said, "I'm sorry.."

        "I just.. I just want to forget you. And I want you to forget me too, Aiden..." I told him.

        "But I can't forget you," he said looking into my eyes.

        I avoided his eyes and said, "Yes you can, Aiden. You can forget about me. I want to forget about you."

        He said, "Maybe this will make you not forget about me."

        He grabbed my jaw and pulled me closer to him and pressed his lips onto mines. I didn't do anything. I.. I just let it happen..

        Maybe I do still like Aiden.. or love...