𝟓𝟖. 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐚

Start from the beginning

"Um because you're acting like we suddenly turned invisible" Elle frowned and Fred's expression return to one of solace.
"It's nothing"

"Fred what's wrong?" Elle could tell from the saddened look on his face that the boy was upset and it wasn't like him to get worked up over something small. After all him and his brother were known for being some of the happiest students in the year.

"I asked Angelina if she wanted to go out with me... you know officially" Elle's stomach dropped as she understood the situation perfectly. She had suspected that Fred's feelings for Angelina lay somewhat outside of friendship but she had hoped he'd never act on it.

"Isn't that a good thing?" George beamed before Elle shot him a look that told him plainly that it was not,
"She said I'm a good guy but I'm not her type" he sighed softly into his hands as he placed his head down into them.

"What does she mean by that" George piped up "not her type, then why did she agree to go to the Yule ball with you?"
"Well that's exactly what I said George but she just muttered something about being late to potions and ran off"

Elle sat awkwardly not knowing what to say. If she didn't know the truth about Angelina then she'd probably feel the same as the twins but truthfully she understood why Angie had accepted Fred's offer in the first place. To avoid questions.

"You're a girl" George called and Elle broke out of her trance to stare at him in bemusement,
"Well spotted" she replied tonelessly
"Well what do you make of this?" Elle's mind races as she tried to think of a way to phrase it without revealing Angelina's secret.

"I think when you asked Angie to the ball she assumed you meant as friends because that's all you had been. Plus you didn't exactly say at the time you were interested in her in a more than friendly way. I'm sure she didn't enjoy turning you down, she probably feels really bad about it but it's not her fault she doesn't feel the same way"

Elle stopped and felt quite proud of herself for the way she described the matter. The twins (although still in a dim mood about it all) seemed to understand where she was coming from and dropped the matter. Almost.

"It's kind of an insult to me as well you know" George shrugged "I mean if Fred's not her type then neither am I" Elle frowned at the analogy,
"Well it doesn't really matter if you're her type or not, does it?" Elle smirked,
"Why not" Fred chimed from the opposite sofa.

Elle and George glanced at each it her quickly,
"Because he's not interested in Angelina" Elle retorted quickly, Fred nodded slowly.

It was an unspoken truth that now wasn't the right time to tell Fred what they had been planning. After all he did seem quite heart broken in a sense.

More than anything Elle hoped that this awkward instance between Fred and Angelina wouldn't make everything weird within the group. They were all such good friends.

This led Elle onto the thought of what the situation would be if Elle ever ended up breaking things off with George or visa versa. She told herself now that would never happen, but how could she be sure?

✰✰✰

"Hey" Elle turned to see Alicia hopping through the entrance of the portrait behind them. She was shortly followed by Angelina who was holding her books tightly to her chest and looked like she could cry.

Alicia hadn't seemed to notice, she sat beside Fred who was staring at Angelina sadly. The girl hadn't moved from the entrance and was doing everything she could to not look at the twin.

Elle jumped up,
"Ang I have to show you something, come on" Elle grabbed her friends hand and pulled her up into the common room away from Fred's glare. They were followed by an unusual glance from Alicia who shrugged and continued talking to the group.

When the rooms door was shut behind the two girls, Elle took Angelina's books off her and laid them on her bed gently. The girl was still frozen on the spot not knowing what to say.

"I know what happened" Elle sighed sympathetically. Angelina dropped down to sit on the end of the brunettes bed and blinked hard to push back tears.

"I feel so bad" she sniffed "but I didn't know what to say"
"It's ok Angie, he'll get over it I promise" Elle pulled the girl into a hug and she rested her head against Elle's shoulder and sobbed quietly.

"I really like Fred, he's always been such a good friend to me and now he must hate me"
"He doesn't hate you Angie I explained it to him, he understood I promise"
"I wish I could've told him the truth but I'm too scared to tell anyone, except you obviously"

"I know it's hard, but one day you'll be ready" Angelina nodded and wiped her eyes on her robes,
"One day I'll be ready" she smiled to herself.

"We were brewing Amortentia again today in potions" Angelina changed the subject obviously feeling awkward about her breakdown.

"I smelt her again" Elle nodded before hearing sounds on the stairs, "she smells like rose petals you know"
"Yeah I think I noticed that" Elle smiled as the girl stared over at Alicia's bed dreamily.

The sounds on the stairs were getting louder and Elle turned to the door curiously,
"Did you hear that?" Elle muttered but it seemed Angelina wasn't listening, the door began to open slowly but it seemed Angie hadn't heard that either.

"I just wish I could tell Alicia how much I'm in love with her" Angelina sighed. Elle's stomach dropped as the door opened fully and she saw the girl standing behind it.

Alicia promptly dropped her books on the floor, looking rather pale.

✰✰✰