13

"You're with Styles?" Ariana asks me as she shoved a fry into her lipstick-coated mouth. She's been practically inhaling these things since we got here. "Damn. That boy is fine."

I stare at her. "I'm not with him," I say. "I know him."

"But you like him?"

Yes. "No."

Her eyebrow raises. "No?"

"No." I pull the basket of fries away from her, pulling one of the top and putting it in my mouth. "These are disgusting," I say while chewing.

Ariana scoffs. "Are you serious?" I nod, almost spitting out the unflavored french fry. "You're stupid."

"These taste like cardboard." Right as I say it, an In-N-Out employee comes to clean the table next to Ariana and I. My face instantly heats up and a grin breaks onto Ariana's face.

The man just smiles softly, cleaning the table without saying anything to us.

When he's gone, Ariana leans against the table, looking me straight in the eyes. Eyeliner is clumped onto her bottom lashes. "So," she says. "Styles. Enlighten me."

"I met him at Quigley's when I got here. We hung out a couple times. He knows me from high school."

"You don't know him from high school?" Ariana finishes off the last of the fries, shoving three into her mouth at once. "How's that work?"

I sigh. "I was in a coma," I state blankly, staring at her. "I forgot some things. He was one of them."

"Well let me tell you something about Styles." She leans back in her chair and her green eyes scan my face. After she lets out a breath she says, "He was so into you. Like, he followed you everywhere. Practically drooled over you. You should be glad you don't remember."

I begin to think of Harry drooling over me and it's hard to imagine. He doesn't seem like the type to fall for anyone like that. If I could just remember something-- anything-- I could live happily.

Then I think of something. "You still have your yearbook from sophomore year?"

She nods and stands up from her chair, gesturing for me to come with her. I comply, pushing myself off the seat and all but dragging myself to Ariana's car.

--

THAT WAS SO BAD I APOLOGIZE GREATLY UGH

IM SORRY. THAT WAS JUST LIKE A FILLER I GUESS. I HAVE HAD NO INSPIRATION WHATSOEVER AND IM BASICALLY WRITING STUFF TO MAKE THE STORY LONGER SO IT HAS MORE CHAPTERS BC IM ALREADY READY TO GET TO THE END BUT IDK

IM GLAD YOU GUYS ARE STILL READING THATS AMAZING YOURE ALL AMAZING AND I LOVE YOU ALL A LOT THANK YOU THANK YOU

THIS WAS LIKE 100 MILES LONG IM SO SORRY

~mel (follow me on twitter @amenjh and on tumblr @ infervor) xx :)