That was when Vivienne could feel the perils of reality coming back to her. She tried filling her mind with fantastical thoughts, the ones that allowed her to separate from reality in the first place, to no avail. Her senses awoke from their slumber, the soft light breaking through the clear, yet foggy liquid. A voice- shaky, deep, gentle, filled her ears like a page of Beethoven that was played off piano. She could only piece together a few words, the rest of it lost to the water. It wanted her to leave her sanctuary of water. She obliged.

           Once her head popped up, the water stung her soft features almost instantly. A mix of a hiss and a gasp escaped her lips out of surprise, a silent breath taken to stabilize her return to reality. Her arms and hands lifted next, the same stinging sensation brought upon them again. Her eyes moved to look at them, the prunes on the tips of them prominent as ever. Her face contorted into a scowl as she rose completely from the tub, her body moving so quickly as to snatch the towel that lay right next to it. Though it did nothing to warm her, it offered an odd sense of comfort as she used it to dry her body.  

        Stepping out onto the cold frigid floor, she began to get ready for the annual family brunch, something she'd despised with every piece of her being. Sometimes she did enjoy catching up with her older siblings and relatives, though most only told stories of boring things such as gossip and the simple mishaps of their enemies. Sometimes she wished all her family were as interesting as Matthew, her brother who was just about to hit twenty. He'd gone traveling all over Europe with his school friend Alaric who was also there, and they were as close as two peas in a pod. Sometimes Vivienne wondered why she didn't have a friend like that, until she remembered it was her own doing that caused her to run away from it all. She regretted it on occasion, but being away from Tilly Pye was doing a great deal for her happiness. 

       Once she had finished dressing herself, her hands moved to her soaking hair. Pitch black now, dark as the midnight shadows, her pale hands ran through it, ringing it out and breaking up the stray knots that littered her smooth locks. Her fingers moved with ease as they'd done this a hundred times before after she learned how to braid it herself, seeing as Delores, the maid that had once done it made her feel like her hair was being ripped out. Vivienne knew Delores didn't mean any harm, though she still felt better doing it herself.

       She'd finished getting ready now, much to her distaste. Now she had to face her family and look them in the eyes. She had to lie about how she felt, how her lessons were going, how her piano playing was coming along. Most of the time in response she lied, and nobody could tell the difference except maybe her younger brother Andrew, who could tell a lie from a mile away. Annoying at times, yes, though he was quite good at keeping his mouth shut when she threatened physical retaliation. 

         As her hand gripped and turned the doorknob, her mind racing a million miles a minute, she braced herself. She assured herself that they couldn't hurt her. No insults casually thrown around by a relative could even prick her skin.

For she was Vivienne Augustine. And she was untouchable, unreachable, and unpredictable.

 And no one could ever change that. 

( 𝐬

𝐬. 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐬! )

so yeah, here it is! let me know what you think about it.
if you enjoyed it, feel free to comment or vote!
don't be a silent reader!

this is kind of short, but i promise they'll get longer.
i just wanted to give a quick introduction to her character,
and how she feels about her family, social status, etc.

also- thoughts on a tewkesbury x male! oc?
i have an idea, i just wanted to see how people
feel about it before i begin drafting and stuff.

more personally though, my aunt's place is 
haunted and i'm sure of it. so like if my writing
next time i update is a keyboard slam i'm most
likely possessed. 

have a nice day/afternoon/evening/night!