2 - New beginnings..

Deepu woke up from her sleep in the bus. It's 6:00AM still 30mins more for the bus to reach her stop. She got lost in her thoughts till the bus conductor interrupts to infrom her to get down as her stop arrived.

Her uncle i.e; her father's frnd came to pick her up & dropped in her apartment which he arranged & asked her to inform him if she needs anything & He left.

Its an adequately furnished appartment for a single person to live with cozy environment with a hall,kitchen ,a bedroom with attached bathroom & a balcony.She feels contended with this place.

Her uncle already arranged groceries & necessary utensils & gas & a small fridge in the kitchen. She started unpacking the food items her mother packed for her & dumped them into fridge. Suddenly she realised that she had to attend to hospital by 9:30AM. It's almost 7:30 AM . She rushed to freshen up.

Within 30 mins she came out wearing simple pink kurthi paired with white leggings & hair braided. She doesn't prefer any makeup just she applied moisturizer,lip balm & a bindhi.
She made herself a toasted bread with omlette and ate it.

She rushed to arrange her hospital bag with white coat, stethoscope,a notebook, a couple of pens(in case if she lost one she can use other one) her joining letter, water bottle, some snacks,wallet,phone etc.. once done she just relaxed & it's 8:45AM.

"Shit!! I forgot to inform my parents."she exclaimed & called her dad informed him all & took his blessings for her first day.

As it is only 15 mins travel to reach hospital from her home she took an auto & reached the hospital by 9:20AM as traffic is hectic it took 30 mins .

She is very excited to work under Dr.Bharadwaj, H.O.D of general medicine ,very experienced doctor. There is a lot she can learn from him.
His team consists of 2 assistant professors ,4 senior residents, 7 residents & 8 interns.

She enquired in reception about her joining .As informed by receptionist she reached Dr.Bharadwaj's department in 1st floor where his entire team is waiting for his arrival.
She wished all of them & introduced herself. All are frndly & welcoming.

Finally Dr.Bhardwaj arrived & all wished him. Deepika introduced herself to him as a new senior resident & said that she is looking forward to work under him. He welcomed her to his team & explained her responsibilities & said all the best.
She exit from his cabin feeling contended.

Deepu's POV:
I came out of his cabin & went to senior resident's room . My co SR is already present in the room. Her name is Dr.Sheela. I smiled & enquired about hospital proceedings & our duty details.

"Morning we should report by 9:30 AM to Dr.Bharadwaj. Then there will be rounds. There different wards in our department like General ward with 30 beds , 2 ICUs with 10 beds each, general rooms & VIP rooms. Every mrng initially residents & interns complete their rounds by 10:00 AM in their respective wards. Then we as SRs should go on rounds to inspect their work, pts progress & necessary instructions to residents & interns. By 10:30AM assistant professors comes for rounds . Now by around 11:00AM Dr.Bharadwaj will come to rounds & residents in respective wards update him about the case. We will be responsible if they did any misdeed. He is very particular when comes to patient's health. He won't tolerate any indiscipline. 1st one week u should look after all the wards to accustom with the hospital . Then he will allot u to a particular ward on monthly basis . We will have nyt shifts weakly once (alternating casualty & icus weakly)." Dr.Sheela huffed loading me entire info at once.

Then entered my other 2 co SRs Dr.Ishanth & Dr.Shekar. Seeing my nervous face Dr.Ishanth said " Chill, Dr.Bhardwaj is very frndly if u do ur work perfectly. Don't get nervous by Sheela's words." I relaxed a bit hearing this & prepared myself by putting on white coat & stethoscope, replacing my slippers with hospital shoes, washed my hands & started for rounds with a notepad & pen along with my colleagues.

After completion of rounds with Dr.Bharadwaj & noting necessary points. I retired to SR room but Dr.Bharadwaj called me to assist in his outpatient consultations.

I was nervous as well as excited bcz I can learn many things from him but nervous that what if I did any mistake
I relaxed for a while & it's 12:00 PM.
I went to his cabin & assisted in his work. By now I came to know that he is very friendly & corrected me when I was wrong , told me many things about how to converse with patients & how to deal with them patiently.

2 hrs passed without my knowledge, now we took a small break still 10 pts left . He offered me Chai & biscuits . I politely refused Chai as I don't have habit of drinking tea & coffee but took biscuits. We resumed after 10 mins break. Its 3:30 PM by which we completed seeing all the pts.

I exclaimed how a 50yr old can be so energetic even after so many hrs of work without even having lunch. My stomach started growling inside as I only ate 2 bread slices & a omlette morning. I decided that I should eat a heavy breakfast from nxt day.

I wished him good day & about to leave but he said " Dr.Deepika tq for assisting me. As this is ur 1st day I went slowly with pts . Usually my work finishes by 2:00-2:30pm. From tomorrow have heavy breakfast & bring snacks to eat in between. I hope I didn't bothered u much."

" No sir , I learnt many things from u. I am glad that u chose me. Tqsm sir. Have a good day sir" I said & rushed to SR room & picked up my bag & slippers and left the hospital.

Ushh this traffic in Hyderabad is so terrible. I reached home by 4:00 PM . I thought to buy a scooty once I receive my 1st salary to avoid this traffic & auto problems.

I am too hungry ..I found the bread from the mrng & I ate it with some milk & collapsed on the bed and drifted into sleep😴😴😴