If we had the time - Part One

Request from Phoebe520264:

Basically Canon era, AU where Egypt never happened. It's May 1937, and for their half term, they are all in London. A little girl (5 years old)  goes missing, and they have to find her, but they only have two days to find her, and her kidnapper. 

***

"She's in there!" Daisy shouted from across the courtyard.

"Meg? Can you hear me?" George sounds panicked, he knows that we're up against the clock.

"Hello? Help, please help!" The young girl's voice comes from a barrel. Without waiting, Alexander sprints across the courtyard, and to the barrel. Luckily, it's not locked, just impossible to open from the inside. He picks her up, and sprints back to us.

"I've got her. There are no traps though."

Daisy looks around, clearly knowing something we didn't.

"What?" George asked, before looking at her, "Oh. Oh shit. We have to go. NOW."

"What? Why?" I ask, confused.

"No time, Watson!" Daisy shouted, and started to run out of the courtyard, and down the alley way.

Alexander picked up Meg, and followed her, as did George and I. We ran until we reached the exit onto the street. But there was no entrance. It was blocked by a pile of various things. Daisy turned around, looking frightened.

"We were supposed to find Meg AND her captor. Our times up. We didn't find them. That barrel was fireproof. And now we can't get out. We were never meant to succeed. We were meant to get this far, but only this far."

"Oh my god." I breathe.

That was when the voice started.