Nick (13)

Nick's POV

As I sit next to my friends Adrian Pucey and Gideon Hare at the Slytherin table in the dining hall, we can hear Draco whining to his friends about some assignment or something.

There is a loud bang silencing all conversations every student's attention is drawn to Dumbledore standing at the front of the room.

"Good evening students and faculty." He starts almost as if he's going to be directing a muggle assembly from what Izzy tells me. Everyone stares gobsmacked at him as he takes a long pause before continuing.

"I would like to let everyone know that we have a few new people joining us at Hogwarts." He continues but there is twinkle mischief in his eyes that starts to make everyone nervous trying to figure out who will be joining us at Hogwarts.

"Please, welcome the Cullens. Now everyone please enjoy your dinner and be kind to them." He finishes before continuing to eat at the teacher's table.

We all freeze for a second in shock before we all go back to our conversations and meals.

Where have I heard that name before? Family friends? No. Famous name? No. OH, Izzy's fake vampire boyfriend. Dang, they are way paler than I thought, no wonder the sparkle.

I chuckle and a smirk graces my features when I catch Izzy's eye's from across the room and I can't help but notice the twinkle in her eye like she always does when she is up to something. I can't help but think about how that's one of the looks that makes me fall more in love with her even if she has some crazy ideas.

Shaking my head as I try to tune back into the conversations and whispers going on about the new arrivals and what they might be. I look back up at the front of the room at the Cullens they are all looking around except for one who I assume is Edward because he's the only lonely one.

From what I can tell he looks to be a real sissy, why would Izzy ever pretend to date someone like that?

But I guess when being raised with 6 brothers you can deal with anything.

As dinner is over we are all sent to out common rooms. I watch the Cullens from the corner of my eye my hand on my wand prepared for anything to happen. I make sure that Izzy leaves before me so if anything does happen she will be safe. Not as safe as with me but close enough.

I am one of the last students out as I am walking from the dining hall to the Slytherin common room in the dungeon.

Later that night I head to the astronomy tower where Izzy and I decided to meet tonight. As I am headed up the steps I see her a small smile on her face as she sits wearing a simple sweater and some jeans. She's surrounded by books while working on her homework and the only thought that goes through my head is how did I get so lucky.

I sit and watch her for a bit just taking in her beauty she's never needed makeup or even to do her hair. It amazes me how she will have just gotten done with a prank her hair will be in a messy bun, her robe sleeves pulled up, and can still take my breath away.

"How's it going?" I ask when I finally make it up the rest of the steps.

She looks up and gives me a look like she's trying to be annoyed because she just gives in to a smile "Not well." She responds.

I give her a quick kiss to her rosy lips before sitting down in the empty spot next to her. I look over her shoulder to see everything she has to get done.

"I wish you had told me I would have grabbed all of my notes for you," I say as this is stuff I went over when she was away.

"I know, I just thought I could get all of this done myself," she says with a small huff her head resting on my shoulder.

"It's not bad to ask for a little help," I say my hand playing with the hem of her shirt "This is almost a year's worth of work and you have been working like crazy to catch up."

I don't hear her respond but suddenly her a soft sigh and realize she fell asleep on me. I grab my wand and move her books all to on side and I grab my robe to wrap it around her before pulling her to me pressing a kiss to her forehead and whispering an "I love you."

she sighs happily and snuggles closer. She can nap for a bit and I'll wake her up in an hour I think as my eyes shut as well.

Thank you all for reading! Sorry, it has taken me long to update life has been crazy. Let me know what you think. Lots of love Jules.