Stalked

Being the girlfriend of Amy Lee had it's own qualities. Both Good and bad. For most of the time, things would normally go smoothly throughout your relationship.

But right now, you were in a bit of a sticky situation; you had a stalker. It all started through what seemed to be a harmless fan letter you'd receive in the mail. Amy found it odd and she had picked up that something didn't seem right and advised you to be careful because you don't know the world as you may think. Being the stubborn person you are, you just brushed it off as you haven't put much thought into her concern. As days go by, you begin to rethink everything because your social media accounts were being bombarded with messages and liking sprees by the same person who sent you that letter. Than somehow, that same person managed to figure out your phone number and was constantly calling you, leaving you messages in your voicemail box while sending you text messages at the same time.

It was getting more and more scary, driving you to the point of being too afraid to leave your home and it was taking a toll on Amy; causing her to be afraid to leave the house without knowing someone is there to look after your safety while she was at the studio. On her day off, you both realized you needed to restock on some groceries and since the store was only ten minutes away, you thought you'd be fine on your own while she was gone. Amy was very hesitant to go without you, or without calling someone to be with you. You reminded her about the security system you had installed weeks before and assured her you'd be fine alone for a few minutes.

It was after fifteen minutes since she had left and parted ways with you that you realized what a big mistake that was.

While yo remained in your shared room, a loud thump got your attention. You checked the security cameras on your computer to check it out and what you saw, made your heart drop in the pit of your stomach. On the camera, it showed a man that seemed to be in his late thirties trying to break in through your back patio. When he turned to check behind him, you noticed he was armed with a small pocket knife and some rope. You wasted no time and immediately got up and locked the bedroom door, and dashed to your bathroom, snatching your phone on the way and made the call to the police.

"911 where is your emergency?" You sighed in relief when the operator picked up, and tried to remain calm as you explain your situation and informing her of your address.

"Yes, I have an intruder outside my home, trying to break in." You say.

As you were giving the information, your heart dropped again when you hear glass breaking downstairs, indicating that your intruder managed to break in. It was when you hear footsteps you begin to lose your cool of the situation, your body trembling from sheer fear of what might happen. Your operator remained with you on the phone, trying to talk you through in remaining calm.

"Are you the only one there or is there someone else?"

"It's just me." You say, keeping your voice low in order to avoid being found.

Just as you hear footsteps approaching to your room, you hear sirens, telling you that help was on the way. When you hear pounding, you think it was the intruder at first, but it was only the police informing you it was safe to come out of hiding. When you swing the door open, you see that the man was tackled down and watched as he was being cuffed.

You follow the officer outside at the same time as Amy pulled up next to the curb. Just as you had expected, she rushed over to you and pulled you close, as the officer explained the situation to what had just happened. Afterwards, you tell them your story of having a stalker and how you were being stalked in the last months.

Once it was confirmed your stalker was now behind bars, you have never felt relieved about anything else in your life.