~Chapter 14~

3...2...1...!

"Boo!" A split-second after Kenma'ss yelp, Kuroo had already jumped up off the couch in frantic panic holding up both fists with a fighting stance. Kuroo was ready to throw hands with any ghost bitch that came along.
"Kenma! What the hell, man?!" Kuroo whined. Kenma burst into laughter at Kuroo's response. He was expecting a flinch, maybe a small yell, not for him to morph into Akira Fudo, ready to fight off some demons.  Kenma laughed so hard he had to use the couch in front of him for support. He hadn't laughed this much in a long time. It felt good to finally feel happy about something. After accepting what just happened, Kuroo started laughing too. At the fact that Kenma was laughing this hard over nothing and his own overreaction at the scare. They both ended up on the ground wheezing due to a lack of air consumption. Their stomachs hurt from the minuscule core workout they received and their heads slightly spun because of all the thrashing around that came with the laughter. 
As they finally started to calm down, Kenma realized that he had broken a small sweat from working his core so hard. With the small sweat, Kenma realized that he hadn't showered at all in the past 2 days.
"Hey 'Roo I haven't showered in the past 48 hours so I'm gonna go do that. You know where everything is, feel free to explore I guess. But don't...break... anything. Please," Kenma walked out of the common room and into his bedroom where one of his showers was located. Kenma grabbed a pair of basketball shorts, boxers, and a sweatshirt and threw them over his arm.
Kuroo heard the shower turn on and he turned up the TV so he could hear the actor's voices over the streaming water. But after switching between a few channels and finding nothing interesting, he decided he was bored. Kuroo hoisted himself off the couch and roamed into Kenma's room. He crossed the familiar threshold leading into the man's room and took a look around. Kuroo's nose lit up with Kenma's familiar scent, the ever-present flavor of salt and vinegar chips. Kuroo never understood why that certain scent stuck around, but it did. And Kuroo had gotten used to calling it comfortable.
Kuroo walked into the room and sat down on Kenma's bed. He made himself comfortable, leaning his weight back on his arms, using them for support. As Kuroo's eyes scanned the room for anything interesting, his foot lightly tapped on the ground. His vision wandered until they landed on a small photo frame and his eyes widened. Kuroo stood and stalked over to Kenma's gaming console and chair, where he first laid eyes on the photo. When he reached the cluttered desk, he stopped to make sure his eyes weren't deceiving him.
Kuroo picked up the small 3"x 4" frame and stared at the small wallet-sized photo preserved inside. Kuroo graced his fingers lightly over the protective glass, admiring the picture inside.
    I can't believe he kept it. After all these years. How did I not notice it sitting right here? Well, I'm an idiot, Kuroo rubbed his face, realizing how stupid he'd been. He let out a light chuckle and continued to admire the photo.
Kuroo was overcome with emotions. He was so happy that Kenma had kept the photo. It meant more to Kuroo than anything ever had. The picture showed them at their very first volleyball practice together, both sweaty and tired. Kenma looked a little grumpy but Kuroo was ecstatic that Kenma had finally agreed to play with him. It was after that day that they had truly started to become close. Kuroo recalled the memory of that day and his tears welled up under his eye. His mind was racing with happy recollections of their time on the court together-- so much so that he didn't hear Kenma come out of the bathroom.