[07] Sleepover

"Soooo..."

"..."

The silence between you and Mina was overwhelmingly annoying. It was so awkward, you would honestly rather stare at a wall of drying paint instead of just sitting here on the couch. You frowned, waiting for something, anything, to happen. But unfortunately, it was up to you, not fate or a miracle, to make something happen.

Mina bit her lip, trying to avoid saying something she didn't want to say. Or in other words, she didn't want to say anything stupid. She took a swift glance at you, instantly  turning her head when you two locked eyes.

"Do you wanna.. order some takeout or..? My aunt left some money for us to go out and eat, but we can stay home if you'd like I guess.."

"Sure..let's just get some fast food.."

You nodded, standing up to go get your phone and the $50 bill that was left with a signed note on the kitchen counter.

SATURDAY, 6:24 PM, [NAME]'S PENTHOUSE

"A-and then this chick had the audacity to say that I was the one who was being a bitch! Like hello? You literally just cut me in line! Get out the way, hun!"

You chuckled at Mina's story, seeing her hands shake wildly in the air. She sighed, crossed her arms, and stuffed more fries in her mouth. The look of disappointment on her face was.. troubling. Apparently, while she was at the store earlier, she had a rather unpleasant encounter with some random girl. Ah yes, Mina's daily rants.

"Hm, so.." She mumbled between bites of food, "what's been happening with you, huh?"

"What, me? Nah, nothing special or new." You said boringly.

"Ah well.. alrighty then. Anyways, what should we do next? Oh! Oh! I know, a movie! A scary one!" She smirked.

"Scary movie huh.. okay, fine. But don't come cryin' to me when you get all scared!" You complained.

"Whatttt? No! I won't get scared, pfft! As if!"

You shrugged your shoulders and sighed yet again, meanwhile Mina was jumping up and down on your couches. Turning on the TV, you switched to Netflix. There was an abundance of horror movies, so you just clicked on any random one and hoped it wasn't cheesy or had bad acting. Grabbing a blanket on the couch, you scooched over closer to your eccentric friend and laid the blanket over the two of you.

Mina glanced at you from the corner of her peripheral vision, and saw how close your legs were touching. She quietly squeaked and immediately looked back up towards the television screen. Her face faded into a shade of cherry red and nervously picked at her plump, pink lips. Mina's left leg started bouncing up and down, trying to avoid the fact that you were extremely close to her.

"You ready?" You said, breaking Mina out of her trance.

"Hm? Oh! Uh, yeah." She nodded, looking distracted.

You guys were halfway through the movie, and so far there had been a couple deaths, but no jump scares. Mina looked a little scared, but it was nothing she couldn't handle, right? You hoped so.

Soon, it was quiet in the movie, and the protagonist was hiding in a storage closet with little to no space. What the fuck? That is the worst move you could ever make in a horror movie.

"So stupid.." You whispered.

Suddenly, the door was bursted open and the killer was revealed to be menacingly standing there. Loud, dramatic music started playing, and the killer used a whole ass chainsaw to kill his victim.

Mina jumped, and made a startled sound. She wrapped herself around your arm and was clinging on for dear life. Her head was buried in the side of your neck while you looked down at her and raised an eyebrow. She was practically whimpering and seemed scared as hell.. but she was somehow in the hero course?

You chuckled, and then burst out into a fit of laughter. Mina let out a small, 'huh?' and looked up at you. Her cheeks were red and she was probably more embarrassed than she's ever been. You simply pat her head and wrapped an arm around her shoulders, bringing her closer to you.

Mina looked (and felt) like she was about to explode. Her whole face was on fire, from the tip of her nose to her pierced ears. You were so so so so close to her right now. Her eyes were forced down because she couldn't look you in the eye, even though your attention was focused back on the movie.

She then decided to just fuck it, and she leaned into your touch. Mina nuzzled your side, and she hid her face in the baggy fabric of your warm hoodie. It smelled just like you, like clean laundry and baked pastries.

Mina absolutely loved that smell.

It made her feel so at ease, and so calm, like she was finally safe. Or as if your presence was like the presence of an angel's.

Once the movie ended, you had noticed that Mina fell asleep while she was clinging onto you. You giggled and picked her up while she just stuck to you like a koala. Carrying her back to your room, you laid her down on your bed.

Sitting down on the bed, you smiled fondly, brushing aside a piece of her wild, bubblegum pink hair. You lay down next to her, and pull her into your chest. Hearing the soft sound of her snores comforted you, and while she was still sleeping, you held her close to you and whispered in her ear.

"You keep confusing me. I don't even know anymore. I don't know whether I'm straight or if I'm.. a.. l-lesbian? I don't know man. I don't know anything. You make me so.. so.. I don't know! Your hair, your smell, your skin, your personality.. your body.. damn it! You distract me all the time and I don't know why. It's so.. puzzling. I can't seem to figure it out. I just wish that I knew what my own feelings were.. I mean, yeah, I love you but.. is it platonic..? Or is it.. romantic?"

And with that, you tucked Mina into your arms and drifted off to sleep.

————————————————————

are we gonna talk about the fact that i've been gone for like 2 months? maybe. ok fine.

i'm really sorry y'all, but ever since school had started stress has begun to pile up. i'll try to catch up on a couple of chapters these next few days since i have thanksgiving break, but no promises!! i will try tho!!

and it's not that writing stresses me out, no no no. it's the fact that i procrastinate until it's really late and i realize how long i've been gone. in fact, i love writing!! but it's so damn hard to write when i have a really packed schedule. 🥲

anywaysss, this chapter included a little bit of ✨action✨ so i hope y'all like it!!

feel free to point out mistakes or give feedback/criticism!!

<333

1186 words.