[08] Past

no one:
me: the ceo of disappearing for months
i really need to stop that habit tho, I'll try to be consistent with updates dhsbdhsndhwk

by the way, this chap talks about reader's past and about how her parents didn't exactly love her, HOWEVER, that is just fiction and this is just a story. So I assure you, you are loved by your family and friends, AND BY ME OFC!!! <33333 this is and will always be a safe space to vent or talk to me.
————————————————————

If there was anything you had learn from the past, it would be that distancing yourself never works.

Ahem. Cue tragic backstory.

Back then, your life was dull and gray. It was like an endless loop on repeat. Wake up, eat, go to school, sleep, and do it all over again. You didn't really mind it though, since you were never one for spicing things up or whatever you call it.

Your parents never cared about you from the start. They would be at work all day and everyday, and when they weren't at work, they were, "having fun as adults." Meaning, they were most likely at a club or they either rented out a hotel room and stayed there for weeks. So, you usually got left home alone, all by yourself. And you know what that means? Yes, that's correct! You had to grow up too fast at a very young age.

Your parents worked jobs that paid very well, meaning they bought you whatever you wanted. However, money couldn't fill the empty hole in your heart. You were a human child that required love and attention. Toys never interested you, neither did playing with other kids. You just wanted affection. But alas, that never happened. Money, money, money, that's all your parents ever talked about.

Your aunt thought that was a horrible childhood for you. Mae, or, "Auntie Mae," as you used to call her, took you away from your parents. And honestly? They couldn't care less. In fact, they seemed almost relieved that you were gone. You had, "finally gotten out of their hair," as they said.

But there was one thing that really just put the sour cherry on top for you and your life.

In school, you never really strayed towards people, causing them to avoid you. Any time they would invite you over to play or talk, you simply refused with a quiet, "no, thank you for the offer though."

And as life seemed to go on, your feelings would grow, even if you didn't want them to.

THE PAST IS A STRANGE PLACE.

Everyday was the same. Wake up, go to school, come home, eat, and then sleep. Rinse and repeat. But, you never hated this life. It was simple and easy, no drama or no struggles. At least, that's what you thought.

You were sitting in the grass, leaning against a tree trunk while peacefully eating your lunch during recess. It was just you by yourself, since you never really bothered with people at all. They were a waste of time in your opinion. Why were friends so important? They're just there to be loud and scream, which was obviously not something you wanted. Quietness was comforting.