"Julie Molina. Um... their band used to play in my family's garage? I... I came across this song that they wrote and figured you might be interested?"

"Um... well, yes. Uh, please... please come in. I'm... I'm Mitch."

"Nice to meet you."

Luke follows Julie inside the house, Lara still holding his hand always right by his side.

"Can I, um, get you something?" Mitch asks. 

"Oh, no. I'm good. Thank you." She looks at a picture frame. "Is this your son?"

"Yeah, that's Luke. When he was two."

"Do you have any other children?"

"No, just the twins."

"Did I hear the doorbell?" Their mom walks into the room. This makes Luke and Lara look at one another.

"Hi, hon. Um, this is Julie."

"Hello, Julie. Oh, that's a beautiful sweater."

Julie looks down at her sweater, "Thanks. It's my mom's."

"Julie lives in the house where Luke, Lara, and the band rehearsed. She was just telling me she found a song that Luke and Lara wrote."

"It's a song about a girl named Emily?"

"Oh... I'm Emily."

Julie hands the paper to her, "Then I think your son and daughter may have written this song for you."

The parents begin to read the song.

Luke, Lara, both

"First things first

We start the scene in reverse

All of the lines rehearsed," Both twins are remembering that night. Luke, Lara, and their mom all arguing about the band and their dreams (December 1994).

"Disappeared from my mind

When things got loud

One of us running out," Luke grabbed his things and ran out of the house, their mom shouting after him.

"I should've turned around

But I had too much pride," Lara ran to her room and started to grab her things as well. She walked out of the house, looked at her parents, got on her bike, and followed after her brother.

"No time for goodbyes

Didn't get to apologize

Pieces of a clock that lies broken," In the studio Luke starts to write a song about their mom, Lara notices he's having trouble with it, she takes the notebook from his hands and starts to read it. 

"If I could take us back, if I could just do that

And write in every empty space the words "I love you" in replace

Then maybe time would not erase me

If you could only know I never let you go," Lara looks at her brother and writes the word Emily on the page.

"And the words I most regret are the ones I never meant to leave

Unsaid Emily,"  Luke looks at the girl and writes 'unsaid' before Emily, the two nodding at each other and finish the song together.