Julie looks over to me and smiles brightly, and having memorized all of Luke's songs before we died, I play along, my fingers finding their second home with the keys. Realizing that everyone really can see us, Luke whispers something to Julie and sings into the mic.

"In times that I doubted myself
It felt like I needed some help.
Stuck in my head with nothing left!
I feel something around me now
So unclear, lifting me out.
I found the ground I'm marching on!"

We all join in, singing and swaying with the music, our music, and the crowd cheers, their phones filming everything and going wild when Julie walks right through Luke, his form looking like a glitched hologram.

"Life is a risk, but I will take it.
Close my eyes and jump.
Together, I think that we can make it
C'mon let's run!"

"And rise through the night, you and I
We will fight to shine together, bright forever!
And rise through the night, you and I
We will fight to shine together, bright forever!"

"In times that I doubted myself
It felt like I needed some help.
Stuck in my head with nothing left!"

"And when I feel lost and alone
I know that I can make it home.
Fight through the dark and find the spark!"

"And rise through the night, you and I
We will fight to shine together, bright forever!
And rise through the night, you and I
We will fight to shine together, bright forever!"

Adrenaline rushes through our veins and the crowd claps and cheers, but as soon as we bow, they gasp, asking where we went. They boys and I stand offstage, aside from the crowd, wondering what the heck just happened.

I shake my head and blink multiple times, even more convinced now that this whole charade has been a dream. "They could see us when we were playing, but not when the music ended? What?"

An idea pops into Reggie's head, "We should double check!" He races up the couple steps to the stage and shakes his butt in front of the crowd, unbeknownst to them, and I don't know whether to be completely disappointed in him or drop dead laughing. "Yeah, I don't think they can see us."

Alex does the former and mutters, "I wish I couldn't see you." 

I pat Reggie's shoulder and we exit the gym, waiting down the hall for Julie as a girl with beautiful dark, long braids approaches her, seeming rather upset. Luke jumps between Alex and Reggie like a pyramid, and I bend over in front of them.

"Julie!" we all yell, and she screams and stumbles back.

"You! Stop doing that! I'm serious."

"Woah! This one's all on you," Reggie defends. "We were already here. Well, actually, we were over there, and then we came over here."

"Are we not gonna talk about what just happened?" Luke gushes.

"Yeah, the whole school saw you. It's kinda freaking me out."

"OK, good," Alex instantly buds in, stuttering a little, "'cause it's kinda freaking me out, too. You know, you could see us, and people could see us whenever we play music, and my clothes are made of air, but for some reason, I'm still getting a wedgie." Luke scrunches his face and pats Alex's back. "So many questions."

"The important thing is that we rocked that place. They were loving you!"

"Are you kidding?" Julie laughs, and I go to stand beside her, smiling with the rest of them. "They loved us. That was a great song, Luke. Thanks."

"Thank Izzy, too. It was all her idea." Reggie nudges me, but Alex remains trapped in his existential crisis.

"I'm so confused, you know? The afterlife should come with instructions or a quick start guide or something."