New Students

It was a day like any other, the sun was shining, the birds were singing, the winds were gently dancing across the fields. As the students of Luna Nova start their morning routines, all the teachers are gathered at the headmistresses office.

"As of today, we are commencing classes for Luna Nova's 1598th term, but before that, we will pay our respects to the Nine Old- " The headmistress's speech was broken by a yawn and loud noise of a metallic object hitting the floor. All the teachers and professors turned their heads to see who it was. Cold and old glares were boring into the red-headed professor. "Profesor Chariot... "

Chariot quickly bowed her head and apologized. "Please forgive my rudeness, I didn't mean to interrupt, it's just that I went to bed at dawn."

"Please mind your manners, Chariot. Don't forget that we are role models for the students." An older professor scolds her, her hair is a dark brown, which was kept in a tight bun, her name was Anne Finnelan. "Honestly, what kept you up so late at night, for you to oh so rudely interrupt the headmistress?"

"Um, that would be my fault, Professor Finnelan." says a meek voice, no one had noticed that the young demon slayer was there. When all eyes were on her, the young slayer didn't have her mask on but she was still wearing her uniform. Akko cleared her throat and continued. "You see, after the meeting we had yesterday, I went and asked for Professor Chariot's help, to plant and grow some Wisteria flowers around the school."

"And why would you do that, exactly, Miss Kagari?" The headmistress asks, clearly confused.

"It's for extra protection, of course. You see, the wisteria flower is poisonous to Demons, and it also releases a scent that repels them. Wisteria flowers can be used to create deadly and highly potent poison mixtures to easily kill lower-ranked Demons." Akko cheerfully chirps, clearly proud of her knowledge and action.

"I see, by the way, Miss Kagari, have you thought about the offer I gave you?" The headmistress smiles kindly.

"Yes, I have. Although I would love nothing more than to attend your school as a student, I have a job to do and a duty to fulfill. But my companions were ecstatic about your offer, and accepted it without a second thought."

"I'm glad to hear that they are happy. There is a spare room next to the blue team's dorm, that you can use, Miss Kagari. Miss Chihiro Agatsuma will be on the red team, so I'll send someone to bring her belongings to her team's dorm. And as for Miss Mirai Hashibira, she'll be part of the green team, it's not that common for a team to have more than three members, but it's certainly not unheard of. And please, could you give them their sashes."

"Thank you, Headmistress. I'll go tell them to get ready for their classes now. And please, just call me Akko, I'm not a huge fan of formalities." Akko bows and leaves the office.

She made her way to the room she and her friends were staying in temporarily. She walked past many groggy and sleepy students making their way to the cafeteria to get their breakfasts. The longer she looked at the heavy-eyed students, the funnier it got, she remembers a time when she was the same, she hated waking up early, she liked to sleep in and eat brunch, instead of breakfast. It didn't take long for her to spot her room. When she opened the door, she was welcomed with her friends already dressed and ready. A found smile made its way to Akko's face, she loves seeing others happy, something is satisfying about seeing someone genuinely enjoy something.

Akko clears her throat before speaking. "Don't forget to put on your sashes and greet your teammates, girls."

"Wait, we're not in the same team?!" Chihiro shrieks. "You know I'm not good with strangers!"

"Yeah, like what the hell. We are a pack, you can't separate a pack." Mirai growls.

"Stop being such babies, you two. If it'll make you feel better, I will come with you to your class AND be with you while you meet your new teammates." Akko gives them a soft smile, as she rests her hands on both of her friends' shoulders.