Chapter Twenty Two

Start from the beginning

"Well? Don't just stand there, Danvers." Lena waved her hand, motioning her over. "Hand over the food."

Nia rolled the die and groaned when it landed on a two and a one. She looked around the room dramatically, trying to appear distressed about rolling a total of three.

Everyone had been chatting decently loud, happy that they were all back together again, but Kara was laughing extra hard tonight. Nia's gaze landed on Kara and Lena who had only been talking to each other for most of the night.

Alex met her eyes and shook her head in defeat.

"What is going on?" Nia asked, trying to be as loud as possible, but Lena and Kara still didn't notice.

Brainy looked confused when the rest of them laughed. "What? Am I missing something? What is everyone laughing at?"

They laughed even harder when he did a 360, trying to look for the "funny", and Lena finally turned to them.

"What's going on?" She asked, smiling into her wine glass.

Kara turned around when she realized Lena wasn't talking to her anymore and saw everyone staring at them with huge smiles plastered on their faces. She noticed a hint of red on Lena's cheeks but she was confused.

"What?" She demanded.

"Oh, we were just collecting our bets." Maggie smiled even wider. "Danvers over here owes me a twenty."

Alex rolled her eyes. "The night isn't over yet. I still have a chance."

Lena ran her fingers through her hair, looking at Kara. Her cheeks burned when she realized Kara still had no clue about what was happening. She stifled a laugh when Kara just shrugged and reached for more popcorn.

"Well, I win." Nia finally said, waving her stack of cards in the air. "Choose your partners for the next game."

J'onn held up another board game and groaned. "Well, of course I'm the score keeper."

Kara gave him a sympathetic look. J'onn was always keeping score in these games and he always brushed off the comments about how everything would've been solved if he found someone to play with him.

"You're with me, right?" Kara asked, nodding to Lena.

"Always." She smiled back, straightening up.

Maggie and Alex exchanged a look and both of them rolled their eyes simultaneously.

"Kara literally melted over Lena's smile. Did you see that?" Maggie whispered to her girlfriend.

"It was more obvious than Brainy's confusion." Alex had to stop herself from laughing out loud. "And that says a lot."

Maggie laughed much louder than she intended when she turned to look at Brainy. His brows nearly met in the middle of his forehead, completely clueless on how the game worked. He kept picking up random pieces and Nia kept slapping his hands away.

"I'm winning this bet." Alex said confidently.

The day Maggie met Lena, Kara had been in the same room as them. Since then, she and Alex had an ongoing bet that they had a crush on each other. At first, Alex betted against it, oblivious to the fact that her baby sister was in love with their friend. Maggie spent countless hours pointing out every little detail until she won Alex over..

"She bought an entire building for her! It was 750 million dollars!" Maggie had exclaimed. "She filled Kara's entire office with flowers! How do you not see it?"

It was as if that finally clicked for Alex. She even began listing out the things Maggie had forgotten about. She had handed her girlfriend a new twenty dollar bill but she wasn't satisfied. Right after Lena had begun to recover from her surgery, Alex made a new bet with Maggie.