Upstairs, Sameer was tossing and turning on his bed. Sleep was far away from his eyes owing to the reason for waking up late in the morning. He turned again laying on his back and began staring at the ceiling. The whole day's events began to play in his mind. He was himself not being able to reckon that it all went well without a speck of discomfort, okay, except for the handhold and when their uninvited pasts had come in between. The rest of it was fine, much for his satisfaction.

What surprised him more was Naina's dual personality which had unleashed in front of him in the last few days. It seemed like there were two different Nainas. One, who was confident and levelheaded as per his observation in the office. Her command on her work was commendable. However, the other side was completely contrasting. It was vulnerable and simple-hearted which he had seen for the first time the night after Mrs Mathur's incident when they were at the balcony. .

It was hard for him to believe both were the same person. That didn't mean he could overlook it. Although she hadn't stirred up any trouble, not yet, and they had been getting along adequately but not enough to have blind trust in each other.

Thinking about her, his mind went downstairs where she might be sleeping, alone. Something was making him restless. "Pure floor pe akele so rahi hai. Check karlu kya ek baar? Ya rehne deta hu." Muttering so, he turned on his side closing his eyes.

However, he found himself carrying the half-filled water jug downstairs after ten minutes. Taking vigilant steps, he switched on the night lights and made his way towards the kitchen but came to standstill. At first, he thought it was an illusion but his doubts got cleared when he turned again only find a figure wrapped in the soft blanket he had lent to Naina. 'Wait, Is this Naina?' He walked slowly and came in front of her.

Leaning a little towards her, he whispered, "Naina" which made her jerk. She instantly pushed the blanket from her eyes and peeped out. Much to her relief, she found him looking at her with a frowned face, "Tum yahan kya kar rahi ho?"

She sat up slowly avoiding his gaze and brushed her fingers through her hair, "Mujhe neend nahi aa rahi thi wahan pe."

He studied her as he took a seat on the sofa chair. Something was wrong. She was fidgeting under his gaze. It took him just one glimpse, one glimpse of her brown eyes and as always they revealed the truth. How was he able to read her eyes? Well, this question was beyond his understanding since he himself didn't know.

"Sach batao ab." He ordered.

"M-main sach bol rahi hu." She said in a meek voice.

Just then, a loud gust of wind whizzed past due to which the windows fluttered. She clenched the blanket hard instinctively which didn't go unseen by him and then he discerned why she wasn't sleeping inside.

"Tumhe darr lag raha hai?" He asked gently.

Her eyes widened for a second before composing herself, "N-nahi, aisa nahi hai." She said and this time, her voice wavered.

"Tum bilkul jhuth nahi bol paati, so rehne do." His said rolling his eyes.

She kept looking down until his voice fell in her ears, "It's fine. Bas tez hawa hi toh hai, kuch nahi hoga. Aur aisa tha toh bol deti."

"Main aapko disturb nahi karna chahti thi." She replied.

"Isme disturb ki kya baat, waise bhi main so nahi raha tha. Neend hi nahi aa rahi, late utha tha na aaj." He told her.

He had picked up the jug with an intention to refill it even though it already had enough water. In his mind, he was just going to the kitchen after which he would check on Naina once. But it was another way round. He was going to check up on her with an excuse to fill the jug, which his mind kept concealing.