Chapter 1 - Lonely

As the cold autumn air blew around the platform, I reluctantly said goodbye to my parents.

"We will miss you, sweetheart, write to us, won't you?"

"Yeah Mum of course, bye Dad love you."

"Bye Aria." Replied Dad as he wrapped his warm arms around me, bringing me into a tight hug.

"Stay safe!" Mum called as I stepped back and began walking towards the Hogwarts Express.

I headed to the back of the train for an empty compartment to claim, as the train started to move tiny raindrops appeared on the window, slowing getting heavier and heavier.

"Quibbler, Quibbler?" A girls voice echoed through the hallway, as I sat down next to the frozen window. Putting my bag onto the seat next to me, hoping no one would join me and that I would have the carriage to myself;

"Oh hello, Luna."

"Hello, are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm okay." Wishing she didn't have to see the tears slowly forming in my eyes.

"Good then, quibbler?"

Asked Luna as she held up the magazines, taking a seat next to my bag.

"Oh yeah, sure."

I replied as I began rummaging through my bag for money, but she was gone and had left one on the seat for me. I only said yes because Luna was always nice to me, she would always ask if I'm okay when I'm upset... She's such a kind person.

__________________________________________

As the train continued on its journey and having nothing to do (apart from reading the Quibbler, that she wasn't the least interested in), Aria soon fell asleep to the sound of the rain pattering on the roof. Many hours later, when the sun had finally set, the train had arrived at Hogsmeade station and Aria awoke to an empty train...

"Oh crap, crap!"

Aria grabbed her bag and ran out of the train in a hurry, not looking where she was going.

"Oh sorry!" Aria cried as she fell into Draco Malfoy, her hand landing on Draco's chest.

"No-" Replied Draco as he pushed Aria's hand back towards her.

"Agh, I'm going to be late! Dammit rain!" Aria then raised up towards the entrance gate, closely followed by Draco's piercing grey eyes.

...

The feast passed in a blur, Aria having no friends, listened to Hannah Abbott a fellow Hufflepuff, talking bubbly about her holiday to Canada with her family. Aria finished quickly, gulping down her pudding before heading up to her empty dorm room, kicking off her shoes, she grabbed out her notebook and began writing;

Dear Cedric,

It's the first day of year 6.

The trip to Hogwarts was slow and wasn't the least bit enjoyable.

Though I did bump into Malfoy when stepping off the train, he looked like he hadn't slept in days and he looked paler than I've ever seen him before... Maybe he's not looking forward to the new year too.

Tomorrow I have potions first with the Slytherins, which I'm not excited about it at all, Slughorn is our new potions teacher and Snape has changed to D.A.D.A which I'm also not looking forward to either.

- Aria

"Agh!"

Aria then threw the book against the wall and began to sob, she wasn't looking forward to the new school year at all and missed Cedric even more, because of how lonely she had become. Too tired to think anymore, she then fell asleep, still in her robes. By midnight, the room had filled with the other girls, talking happily about the year ahead.

Votes and comments would be appreciated xx