Chapter 7: It Didn't Work Out

Start from the beginning

"That's impressive."

Craig picked up a dark blue book from Shun's desk and flipped it over.

It was only a week ago that he began to work on the current ledger, as well as reworking the past one, and he had gotten up to two months ago listed in his format from what he could garner from the old ledgers.

The book that Craig was holding now was one of them.

The compliment wasn't for the format itself, but rather the amount of effort it had taken Shun to draw lines over dozens of pages, to pick up the information from the chaos, and the speed of his calculations for accounts spanning across several months.

"Oh, thank you."

It felt more like a soliloquy, but since Shun could hear him, he decided to express his thanks anyway.

Craig looked embarrassed for a moment at the sound of Shun's voice.

After all, he regretted that it was aimed at Shun, and he kept the books without saying anything and quickly moved from next to Shun to the central sofa.

It felt bad.

Though Shun didn't say anything and went back to work.

However, there was not much to do this time, so he ran out of things to do early on. It was almost time for the sun to set.

Shun had decided to review the past books early in the morning when he could concentrate better, so he was only about halfway through the day.

He had time before he headed home.

The most troubling thing, though, was that Craig and Shun were the only ones in the sitting room. Craig clearly has no clue how uncomfortable Shun is while he's sitting on the sofa and leisurely reading a book with a thick, red cover.

"If you don't have anything else, you can go home."

Even though Craig glanced at me over the backrest, Shun couldn't make himself move.

Ever since he had graduated from university, he had worked until the last train rather than leaving on time.

Is it okay to leave early, even if he isn't sick?

Craig's mysterious, golden eyes gazed at Shun, who showed no signs of leaving.

"I'm serious. It's a waste of time to stay behind and do nothing."

"You're serious. You've got nothing left to do."

There is something to do!

It wasn't work, but if he's thinking about the future, now was the perfect time to try to deepen his relationship with Craig.

He almost stood up with his fist raised, but as soon as he met Craig's gaze, his excitement waned.

Shun has mentioned this several times before but, Craig was super beautiful.

It's not only that, but he's also a skilled swordsman and has the leadership skills to lead the Dawn Fog, a group of rogues.

In Shun's former world, he could have joined a large company, worked well, and taken home at least three, beautiful women from a party every night.

How was Shun supposed to get along with such a fashionable person(2)?

For Shun, who is so conscious of his plainness that he doesn't like it, he even feels like he's going to get hit even if he tried to talk about the weather.

If there was something that he could easily talk about with him despite being an anxious person, Shun could easily open up to him.

"Would you like to play Old Maid...?(3)"