He doesn't want it.

A different guard appears, snatching up his arm and making him suppress a flinch. His body was tense at the tight grip that lead him to a chair facing the door. Forcing him into the seat and clipping his cuffs to the table in front of him.

Izuku was scared. He can't deny that. That blatant weakness that overcomes him as his eyes stay locked on the door. Fists clenched and body tense, unmoving, not blinking.

The urge to scratch at his skin was strong. Something to distract him. Anything.

When the door opened, he was surprised that it was smoothly pushed opened. Not slammed, but slow and calm. It surprised him even more at the face that enters.

One Tsukauchi Naomasa.

He doesn't let his surprise show. Being caught off guard is being weak. Showing that weakness causes an injury.

He could only hope that Tsukauchi wasn't like the others.

"It's nice to see you again Midoriya" Lies. All lies.

He's just going to shout until he gets answers. Just like the others.

"Can you answer a few of my questions" it was just now that Izuku noticed the manila folder clutched in the male's hands.

Tsukauchi sits down in the chair across from him, placing the folder down. The beige object not keeping Izuku's attention for long as his eyes lock back onto the male.

He hums, not trusting his voice. Seeing as he hasn't bothered to use it in a while.

The detective starts asking questions after starting a recording, stating his name, the case number, and who he was questioning.

"On the day of your arrest, what were you doing" why is he asking this?

It took a few moments for the teen to gather his thoughts. "Walking into the common room" he hates the sound of his voice, hoarse from not using it.

At least it didn't hurt. Maybe he was used to it now. Who knows.

A nod, "what were you going to do"

"Get ready for classes" he answers with no hesitation this time.

"What happened when you were taken?"

His hands, that were relaxed up until now, clenched once again, his nails digging into skin. "I was injected with something, and passed out, then I woke in an interrogation room"

Izuku kept his voice level, not liking how he has to relive these moments. They weren't the best of his life.

"What happened during the interrogation?"

"I was interrogated" he answers simply.

"What happened in the interrogation room?"

"I was interrogated" he repeated.

"Midoriya" Tsukauchi stares into the teen's eyes, tearing his gaze from the pad he was writting in.

"Don't avoid the question, it'll be easier if you tell me what happened"

A few seconds of silence, and a shuddering breath from the teen. He was showing weakness. He didn't want to. He wanted to leave.

"He hit me" he starts, "I answered that I didn't do it, and he screamed at me. Hit me. Again. And again"

The shaking left his voice, turning blank toned as blood dripped from his palms. Tsukauchi was silent for a moment, not speaking, before he continued. It seemed the male wanted to get this done fast. For whatever reason, Izuku didn't know.

"What about the other interrogations, and medical treatment?"

"I was given basic treatment" he answers, "the interrogations were the same, less hitting, I didn't speak"

"What about the visits you had? All Might and your mother?"

"She's not my mother" he answers automatically, "she made that clear"

He didn't answer about All Might, and it seemed that Tsukauchi understood why. They continued.

"You were in solitary confinement longer than initially decided. Why?"

"I tried to kill myself"

Tsukauchi sucked in a breath of surprise, keeping his expression cool as his eyes don't leave the notepad. He knew he had to continue.

"And the assault on your first cellmate? Why did you do it?"

"He kept hitting me. Talked bad about me. I was fed up"

Questioning continued. Tsukauchi asked about his last cellmate. The fights he got in, the fights he stopped, why he continued being put into solitary confinement. Typical questions that the teen expected of the detective.

Why he was asking was confusing though. Yeah he has a lie detecting quirk, but would his word be able to help Izuku at all? Probably not with his luck.

When the last few questions came. Like where he was at the time of the murder, and what he'd been doing that day. Which was hard to answer becuse it was around two years ago.

But the last question caught him off guard.

"Did you kill Tanaka ken?" Serious tone and now staring into Izuku's eyes.

Izuku doesn't even know the name. Was that the male who he was suspected into killing?

"No"

"Did you affiliate yourself with the League of Villains?"

"No"

Tsukauchi ended the interrogation, turning off the tape and standing. He grabbed the folder and moved towards Izuku. The teen tensed in return, and he tried not to flinch when a hand moved towards his head.

It showed though, and the adult faultered. "I'm sorry you had to go through this" he states, lowering his arm and leaving the room.

What just happened?
________________

Published: Oct. 21, 2020

A full continuous chapter with no perspective changes! Wow! Hope you guys enjoyed. Tsukauchi has finally come to the rescue.