Chaper 12

Alrighty, it's been over a year since I've posted, but I have the urge to write Harry Potter fanfic, so let's do this thing.

"Glacius!" Lily cast at the window, and icy fractals of frost spread over the window, growing into a thick sheet that sealed the window. Unfortunately for Dudley, his hands that were fumbling with the window latch soon became covered in the ice.

"HELP! HELP! YOU PEOPLE ARE CRAZY!" Dudley screamed, unsuccessfully trying to free his hands.

"Oh, bloody hell! Calm down, you'll hurt yourself," Sirius told him.

"HEY hey hey it's okay-" Lily told Dudley as she approached him, attempting to calm him down.

"STAY AWAY FROM MY SON YOU CRAZY BI-" Vernon started.

"For Godric's sake will someone shut him up?!" Lily exclaimed just as James whispered a muffling curse in Vernon's direction.

"Stay away from me," Dudley said as Lily continued her approach.

"I'm going to help you, but you're going to have to hold still and cooperate with me, okay?" Lily stood firm.

The pain in Dudley's hands had subsided, but he knew that they were only numb because they were frozen through. He looked around the room, on the verge of hyperventilating, and then back at his hands before whispering a barely audible "Okay."

"Thank you. I'm going to melt the ice, and it's going to hurt for just a moment, okay?"

Dudley nodded.

Lily muttered an enchantment and the ice began to recede. Dudley's face crumpled in pain; his hands had turned blue. Lily quickly whispered a spell and Harry watched as a warm glow filled the entire room. Dudley's hands returned to normal and he appeared to no longer be in pain, but he continued to shiver. Whether those shivers were from fear or cold, Harry wasn't sure.

"Just be quiet, go sit on the couch, and behave and we won't have to tie you up," Lily told him, leading him to the sofa.

Harry took a moment to look around the room and take everything in. Vernan was tied up on the floor, face red and mouth moving silently. Harry could only wonder what expletives he was trying to shout. Petunia was tied up in a similar fashion to her husband and was lying on her breath, repeating the anxiety calming mantras her therapist must have taught her, but she was very clearly on the brink of a panic attack. Unless she was already having one, Harry wasn't quite sure. Dudley appeared to shrink in on himself while sitting on the couch, but for all intents and purposes appeared to be doing just as Lily asked of him.

"Harry, would you mind taking a seat while we figure out what to do? Keep an eye on your cousin, please," James asked harry, snapping him out of his daze.

"Uh, yeah, I can do that, no problem," Harry replied.

Harry took a seat next to Dudley while his parents and Sirius whispered heatedly in the kitchen. Harry desperately wished he could hear what they were saying.

"Harry, what the hell is going on?" Dudley whispered at him.

"I'm going to be entirely honest, I have no idea," Harry replied.