𝟓𝟒. 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬

Start from the beginning

✰✰✰

They had study room later that week. Elle had managed to do a great job of avoiding Fred and George complaining about illness and hiding in her dorm. All the students sat along rows in silence as Snape paced around menacingly occasionally hitting Harry and Ron's heads as they continued to talk loudly. They were discussing finding dates for the Yule ball which was only a week away now.

Fred chucked a rolled up piece of paper at Ron who looked at his brother in annoyance. He opened the paper and glared at the twin,
"who are you taking then?" Ron frowned. Elle blushed immediately knowing that this may be the moment that Fred admitted what had happened.
However instead he threw a ball of paper at Angelina who turned around angrily.
"Will you go to the hall with me" Fred signed across the table. Angelina paused for a second before glancing at Alicia quickly. Then she nodded and Fred grinned. Elle just sat there staring at the red head in shock. He turned to see her glaring at him and gave her a curious glance.

"Are you serious?" she hissed and a few people glanced at her including Angelina who seemed concerned. It wasn't as though she had feeling for the twin which possibly made her just as bad. However the fact that he'd toyed with her emotions and messed her head around just to go ask Angelina out definitely pissed her off.

"What?" Fred frowned as though he had no idea what she was talking about, Elle just stared at him in awe,
"You're a git Fred" she snapped still lowering her voice so Snape wouldn't hear,
"Why?" Fred looked genuinely concerned now which made her feel angrier.
Suddenly she felt someone tug her arm and she turned to see George standing awkwardly behind her,
"I need to talk to you" he whispered, Elle assumed this was something to do with his weird behaviour but right now she had bigger priorities.

"Not now George" she turned back to Fred who seemed frightened by the angered glare she gave him,
"We need to talk now" George hissed in her ear before strongly pulling her out of her seat by the arm and striding quickly out of the room. Elle had never seen him like this before and she began to grow intrigued by what it was about.

As well as that Elle was once again resisting the urge not to cry. Everything was confusing her so much and she had a feeling it was all her fault. George pulled Elle into an empty classroom which the brunette recognised from the night she had broken down in front of him. She felt pained by the memory.
"Your brother is a complete git" Elle snapped.

"He's not" George retorted,
"Look I know you have to stand up for him because he's your brother" she sniffed "but when you hear what he did you'll-"
"He didn't kiss you" George interrupted, Elle pauses for a moment to take in what the twin had just said,
"How did you know he kissed me?" Elle said stupidly,
"I said he didn't kiss you"
"Well that doesn't make any sense" she pressed before pausing and staring at George in realisation.

"It was you" she whispered and the twin just looked at the floor guiltily, "but you were acting like Fred... you didn't smell like cinnamon you smelt like.."
"Fresh cotton" George finished the sentence "I knew you liked Fred I could tell and it... it just killed me that I stupidly decided to pretend to be him... just so I knew what it felt like...I'm so sorry it was a stupid idea I realised that as soon as I went to bed"

"Slow down" Elle muttered "what makes you think I like Fred?"
"Well first the way you act around him, always so carefree and you're always laughing, that time you sat on his lap to do his makeup it all seemed so perfect and then... well you told me that Fred and I both smelt of gunpowder and sweets so when you said that's what you smelt in your love potion I knew that it must've been one of us... then you said fresh cotton and I knew it couldn't have been me because I smell like"

"Cinnamon" Elle muttered "Fred doesn't smell like fresh cotton"
"Then who did you smell in the potion?"
"You" Elle whispered "I never liked Fred, I liked you, I always liked you" George fell silent,
"I don't need the sympathy vote Elle" he grumbled,
"I'm not lying George I really like you, hell I have for a while, I act differently around you because I can't be carefree and natural, my heart beats way to fast and I begin to overthink and I panic" silence fell on them again,

"So in the love potion"
"I smelt cinnamon I just didn't say that because then you'd know how I felt... I didn't think you felt the same"
Elle looked up at George who was gazing at her in amazement,
"My amortentia smelt of chocolate, vanilla and lavender" he said in a quiet voice, "that's what you smell like" he blushed. She'd never seen George so vulnerable, it made her heart melt.

"I'm sorry I pretended to be Fred that was stupid"
"Yes it was" Elle laughed "I've been avoiding him all week and then I lashed out at him... he must think I'm a jerk"
"He'll not hold it against you" George sighed,
"No wonder the kiss felt so right" Elle smirked "it was you all along, and here I was thinking I had no chance with you"
"I thought the same thing" he laughed,

"We have been a pair of idiots haven't we" Elle shook her head in a joking manner.
"I really thought you liked Fred" George chuckled "must've felt awkward for you"
"Tell me about it"
"I can do it right this time" George smiled. Elle blushed quickly but nodded. He moved closer and placed his hand on her neck like he had the other night. As she reached up and he bent down, they're lips melt and it was as though her heart exploded. Her whole body felt warm and relaxed as she breathed in the familiar comforting scent of cinnamon.

✰✰✰