The Child of A Murderer

3rd Person's POV

"Did she just...?" Clint started, staring in the direction that Cyanide disappeared in. "She did," Steve said, his voice distant. The seven of them stood there in shock, not knowing what to say. Ellie was the first to break the silence. "Well, what do we do?" She asked.

"We can hand him over to the government," Steve suggested. "No, we're not," Ellie snapped. "Why not? It's the best place for children without parents," Bruce said. "You haven't been in the foster system. They could put him in a horrible foster home, or worse, in a good one," She said. "How would being in a good foster home be worse than a bad one?" T'Challa asked.

"If you're in a good foster home, you tend to get attached to your caretakers. You might even hope they'll adopt you. So it always hurts more when they throw you away, giving you some half-assed reason like 'they had too much on their plate.'" She said bitterly. "You sound like you've had experience in that area," T'Challa observed, and she scoffed. "How d'you think I know?" She snapped. The others knew she was just bitter about her past, so they veered the conversation back towards the kid. "So, if we're not handing him over to the government, what can we do?" Steve asked.

"He could go live with my sister," Bruce suggested. "Would she be okay with taking him in?" Nat asked. "I can call," He said, stepping away and pulling out his phone. After a few minutes, he returned with a grimace on his face. "She can't take him," He sighed.

"I could bring him to Wakanda with me," T'Challa said. "Yeah, that's a great idea. Let's send the kid to a place where his mother has a litany of grievances," Tony scoffed. "Do you have a better idea?" Nat asked, and Tony paused. "The real question is whether or not his father would be okay with letting the child of a murderer into his country," Steve said. "The worst he could do is say no," T'Challa said.

"Then we would be right back to square one. We don't have a better option, I say we try it," Clint said. "It is not the boy's fault his mother is a rotten woman," T'Challa said. "If your father won't let the kid in, call us and we'll take him to Fury. He'll know what to do," Natasha said, holding out a card with a phone number. T'Challa nodded, accepting the car. "Well, we should get you home. Clint, can you get the quinjet ready?" Steve asked, and Clint nodded.

"Time to go home, your majesty,"