𝟓𝟐. 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐬

Start from the beginning

✰✰✰

The next day, the twins burst into the common room in their usual excited manner. The first event of the triwizard tournament was in two days time and everyone had been waiting in anticipation to find out what it was.
"You'll never guess what!" George grinned as they stood over the brunette,
"What?" Elle smirked,
"We have something to show you" Fred grinned as he grabbed Elle's arm and yanked her up from her seat,
"Can you at least tell me what it is?"
"Nope" they chimed in unison as they began to drag the brunette out of the common room.

The three of them walked out of the castle and across the grounds in a hurry, avoiding Filch as he swept through the corridors. They had linked arms with Elle and dragged her along as her legs were shorter than theirs.
"This way" Fred sang happily as they approached the forest,
"Are you two joking, we can't go in there?"
"Although we joke a lot dear Elle, this time we are deadly serious"
"You got the deadly part right, if we go wandering around the forbidden forest we'll end up dead"
"Nonsense" they grinned as they continued to drag her past the opening trees.

As they walked through the dark woods Elle began to feel more and more frightened. This worsened when she heard a loud roar coming from the left. The twins quickly changed direction and began walking towards the noise.
"Why are you going towards it" Elle squeaked nervously,
"Because that is what we're looking for" George pointed as some of the trees were kitten up by a glowing amber light for a few seconds.
As they approached Elle let out a loud gasp. There was a large pen in an opening and within it sat four incredibly large and scary looking dragons. They were breathing fire as men ran around them shouting loudly.
"Dragons" Elle muttered "that's the first task isn't it"
"That it is" the twins beamed.

"How do you even know about this?" She frowned as they walked closer to the pen.
"Remember when we told you how Charlie works in Romania with dragons" Elle nodded as she remembered meeting the brother who had scratches and burns all over his arms.
"Well he's here" George pointed to the familiar ginger who was trying to calm down a tall green creature,
"That's how we found out" Fred expressed proudly.
"But we're not supposed to know right?"
"No no one is"
"Then why is the headmistress of Beauxbatons standing over there with Hagrid"
The twins looked over in surprise,
"Oh that's not good" George muttered,
"Yeah we should probably go" Fred jumped and they began pacing quickly in the other direction.

When they broke out of the forest and back into the fresh air Elle turned to the twins,
"The first task is supposed to be a surprise"
"For the champions yeah"
"Well it's not going to be a surprise if Maxime knows, she'll obviously tell Fleur,
"I know but there's nothing we can do about it" the twins sighed as the trio began to make their way back up to the castle still ensuring that they remained out of sight from Filch who was still prowling the corridors with Mrs Norris.

✰✰✰

Two days later the group were sitting in a large stadium in the grounds anticipating the first trial. Fred and George had been trying to gain money all morning through the art of betting. Since they weren't getting their money of bagman anytime soon they had to resort to other methods. Elle bet that Cedric would win the first round as she was supporting him through and through.

The brunette was aware that Harry was another one of the Hogwarts champions however she felt bad betting on him as she believed he shouldn't have been forced into the games. She was one of the few who believed the innocent fourteen year old would never deliberately put his name into the goblet and consequently she believed he should have been let off. Everyone was going on about there being a binding magical contract but it wasn't as though he made an unbreakable vow, what was the goblet of fire going to do? Spit blue flames at him?