ꈤ Տtar Gaze ꈤ

- ' ✧ ' -

How many days has it been since the Afkrator Invasion?

Since Osamu-Kun's discharge?

Since Replica's sacrifice?

How many nights did I wake to the whispers in my nightmares? The feeling of being unable to move, and the moment of hearing the loud noise and cries of people?

I sat up, wiping away a slipping tear. The sound of flowing water outside the window was calming. I would've slept, but I couldn't.

A split headache starts to appear when I forced myself to walk up the stairs.

When will I have a proper sleep?

I sighed to myself in disappointment, lost in my trial of thought, the lurking feeling of shame starts to wrap itself around me as usual.

It was all my fault.

The Afkrator Neighbours went out to get me.

My friends did their best to protect me.

Everyone else did their best to save the city while I uselessly waste time in my trion cube form.

It doesn't matter what they say, because of me, Osamu-Kun got heavily injured. Izuho almost got captured. Replica-san is now gone, and Yuma-Kun...

"Yuma-Kun wouldn't have lost replica-san."

"Did you call me?" I flinched in surprise, snapping my head to the sudden voice.

There he was, sitting on the ledge, legs dangling on the open-air was. "Y-Yuma-Kun? What are you doing here?"

He tilts his head and points at me. "I could ask you the same thing."

I scanned my surroundings, the clear midnight sky above us, the city lights reflecting on the river. I was no doubt on the upmost floor of the base.

"Eh? When was I here?"

Yuma-Kun raises a brow, his face contorting to confusion. "Just earlier ago, You suddenly came next to me and started mumbling things."

I look away from him. Did he hear that much?

"Sorry, I didn't mean to invade your personal space." He quickly reassures me, waving his hand. "No. It's alright, " he repeated with his usual duck face. "I was starting to feel lonely."

I finally turn to him. The way he looked at the sky was the way I looked at him. His smile was soft but humble as if he was longing for something.

I looked away.

It was far too much. Guilt and shame began to thrust themselves back into my head that I had to lean on the ledge to see my stupid self reflecting on the water.

I'm sorry

"Hm, What was that?" I faced him in surprise and forced a smile.

"Nothing, nothing at all."

He tilted his head even when he had his duck face on; his eyes showed something else.

"Chika," He called.

"You make the weirdest lies." My heart drops as his intense red gaze studies my violet ones.

Ah right, Yuma-Kun can detect when someone is lying.

It was almost ironic how similar the situation felt back at that shrine.

"I'm sorry. I lied." I avert my gaze to the stars, knowing full well he might see what I don't want him to know. "It's just a lot of things are going through my mind, so really. I'm sorry." I clutch my arms for some sense of comfort as the feeling of my nails digging on my hoodie hurt.