Chapter 4: The Real Confession

Start from the beginning

If only Aoi is the one I'm hugging.

Propping his body up using an elbow, his vision fell onto Aoi's window. Her room was on the second floor, but the angle of Inosuke's bed allowed him to see her window, but it all he could make out was her blue curtains.

Her lights were turned on, which meant that Aoi wasn't yet asleep. Knowing how much she cared about her tight schedule, Inosuke frowned in question. Without any deliberation, he grabbed his phone and messaged her.

Me: OI WHY U AWAKE

????

Inosuke was troublesome kid who knew nothing but ways to get into fights. He used to fail his exams and fall asleep in class. If people had described him to others, they would recall the fights he had participated in.

But he had a heart.

And his heart wanted no one but Aoi.

No matter how stupid people called him, he knew he had feelings for her. He found out he liked her since he was fourteen, when he began having butterflies by just watching her laugh. Even after two years later, he kept his feelings to himself because there was too much risk in confessing.

Even their friendship had to be kept a secret.

Plus, Aoi had such a bright future ahead of herself. She worked harder than anyone he knew and would always spend her free time studying. She would eventually need to leave him, especially when Inosuke was good at nothing in his life.

They were complete opposites who became friends out of one weird circumstances. Alas, he was glad he had a friend that he didn't deserve.

Inosuke realized that Aoi wasn't replying.

Aoi would always sleep with her lights off because she disliked any interruptions while she dreamed, so she was probably doing something with her phone kept away.

Inosuke glanced at her window again, hoping that her silhouette would appear. He wanted her to slip the curtain away and look at him, but she was still as the night wind. He spammed her, but unfortunately, Aoi wouldn't even open their chat.

Me: OI OI OI

AOI

AAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIII

OIIIIIIIIIIIIII

I KNOW U R AWAKE

REPLY ME

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She was probably using the time to study. They were both enrolled in different schools, but Inosuke already memorized her usual timetable.

Aoi's school was the prestigious Kimetsu High that was reserved for only the best students of Kimetsu City. The school was known to polish their students. They would be credited to the greatest universities in Japan.

However, Inosuke bore a strong disdain against the school's system. Aoi was always drowned in tests, assignments and exams. As they were approaching their mid-semester break, Aoi was probably thinking of burning the midnight oil and polishing her knowledge.

Inosuke abhorred the exam week because it was a routine for Aoi to be completely drained and half-dead. Her eyes would droop and dark circles were formed. Without even talking to her, Inosuke could feel her energy getting drained by just thinking of Aoi preparing to score in the exams.

Not wanting to disturb her, again, Inosuke forced himself to go to sleep.

He shut his eyes closed until the lids began to hurt. He suffocated himself with the pillow until he accepted the fact that he wanted to see Aoi, not caring that she was studying.