Chapter 7

Watching  Daniel's car revved out into the open road. I waited till he was out of sight when I turned with the intent of opening the gate, but I stopped mid-short when an all too  familiar red car stopped and parked at the exact same spot that Daniel occupied earlier.

I gulped, clutching the keys tightly in my hands.

Sophie. My sister.

"My, my, if it isn't the tartly tartish Torrens. I see you're screwing Daniel Andrews now huh." Came her tipsy voice as she peered her head out the car window to look at me.

I took a step back facing her as she went outside her car. Hair in a mess. Lipstick smashed, and clothes quite disheveled.

She looks...

"Why? You want to judge how I look now? Can't I fuck out in the open too? Tsk, tsk, tsk. Filthy flirty Alex. I wonder what dad saw in you and that whoribble mother of yours!" She spat.

I had take deep breaths to calm my nerves. Clashing with her won't do the both of us any good.

She's drunk. And she's  your sister.

Besides, her perception doesn't make her point a fact. Subjectivity's often one-sided.

Am I acting defensive?

"Sophie. You're drunk.-"

"Damn right I am!" She shouted not even letting me finish. She almost lost her balance if it wasn't for the car that she managed to hold on to.

"Sophie-" I called attempting to help her stand when she raised her voice, a hand lifted telling me to stop.

"Nope. Don't  touch me! Don't ever come near me!" She slurred, pointing her index finger to where I am. Even her eyes looked heavy. She managed to lean on her car eyeing the house on my left. The house dad built. I know it pains her to see it. To see me.

Our story, and our relationship aren't exactly the best kind.

"I hate you. You ruined my family." She spat her voice cracking at the end. She even swallowed series of gulps probably to try and contain the sob that was about to come off.

While I'm only a word away from traversing the accusation she just threw, I didn't have the strength to do it.

I guess I was being defensive after all.

For one, she's right. And the other part of me believed her.

"Sophie I-"

"What? You're gonna go all righteous and honorable now Ms. Goody-Two-shoes? Save the preaching. I came here to tell you how I'll make sure your life would be hell too." Distaste and rage are clear in her voice. Her eyes squinted with hate that I know closing the distance between us would cause her to detonate.

I stood there. In front of her with furrowed brows not knowing what to do nor say. I know she's mad. I know she is.

"You stole my dad. You broke my mom..my mom..she-"

Did she what?

Alarmed by what she said, I neglected what logical thought I had in mind earlier.

"Sophie, did your mom hurt-" I tried again taking a few steps close to her but just as I was about to look at her closely, pristine feminine palm hit the left side of my cheek.

"I said shut the fuck up! You don't get to talk here you bitch!"  She roared pushing me with force.

I allowed her to push me back till I fell on the ground, because I didn't know what to do otherwise. I couldn't even utter a word.