Chapter 1: Wedding Ring

Beyoncé Giselle Knowles
June 10
San Diego, California

"You look great baby girl." Mama stood up on her toes and kissed me on my cheek. She took my hand in hers and we stared in the mirror at each other.

"Damn I wish Pops was here to see me."

"He's watching, I promise."

I believed her. I believed my Pops was with me in everything that I did and today was one of the most special days of my life, he had to be right here with me.

I touched the chain on my neck with Katorah's name on it. "She here too Mama."

"Yes she is."

"My boy!" Jay bursted into the hotel room with Chance and August behind him. August had Anthony by his side. He gave Anthony his name backwards. Anthony August Alsina. I kissed his cheek and he patted me on the nose.

"Even after she broke you down I never thought you'd be getting married. What happened to all that 'I'm not giving my money to no female, ain't nobody getting my paper' huh? What happened to that?" Jay asked, he put his hands on my shoulders.

"She listened to me." Terrence walked in. I handed Anthony back to August and walked over to hug him. "Them women in there having the time of their lives."

"I bet they are. I can't wait to see my baby." I gushed.

"Look at all you niggas in love." Kehlani smiled. She had all my kids with her.

I squatted down and opened my arms for them. "Hey y'all. What Mommy doing?"

"Putting her dress on. Mommy look good." Terrell said.

I smiled. "I bet she do."

"Get me Momma!" Kyreigh said. I picked her up.

"This shit beautiful." Kehlani fake cried. "Took some niggas out the hood, gave 'em some babies, and made 'em change their ways. Cutest shit I ever seen."

"It's the women." I commented. I stood up, tousling Terrell's hair. London held onto my leg.

Mama C knocked on the door before peaking her head in the door. "We got 10 minutes y'all. Everybody is out there."

"Alright now I'm getting nervous." My heart was beating out of my chest. I knew I was getting married today and I knew nothing was gonna change that 'cause that's my woman but there was something about today, about right now that made me nervous.

"What you nervous about woman? You know ain't nothing stopping y'all." August said. "If I could slap yo stupid ass again I would."

"But you know better." I eyed him.

"Everybody out, get down to the venue now." Mama C said.

"I love y'all." I kissed the kid's cheeks and they ran out the door, everybody followed behind them.

My mama shut the door. "I'm so proud of you Beyoncé, I told you that girl was good for you."

"I know Mama."

"I know I told you she was good for you and I knew I was right. From the first time you let her drive the Maserati up to my house with her best friend, I knew. You don't let nobody drive that car."

"I was tryna fuck."

"You lying."

"Yes huh."

"Ain't no sense in lying about it now, you 'bout to marry her."

We both laughed as we walked out of the hotel. When we got down to the venue, we started the processional. Everybody took their seats and I stood at the alter. When Onika came out, I could've cried. She looked absolutely breathtaking in her dress.