for better or for worse (2) | t.h

Pairing: Tom Holland x reader (CEO!Tom)

Summary: In order to inherit his father's company, your best friend, Tom asks you to marry him. What could possibly go wrong?

Word count: 3.3k 

Warnings: nsfw, 18+, a lotta angst

A/n: this is my first series, please don't let it flop😫! so i spent two days coming up with chapter 2 and i'm really proud of this :) your feedback is always appreciated, please let me know what you think!

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

As soon as the your apartment door closed behind you, the tears that you had been holding back since you left Tom's house fell, like a dam that had broken loose, tears slid down your cheeks as you struggled to breathe.

The picture of Tom's reaction still fresh in your mind almost as if it had just happened seconds ago, the image of him turning his back on you just when you thought that maybe, just maybe, Tom felt the same way as you did him. Those thoughts were crushed under the weight of his indifference, the way his eyes refused to meet yours, the way he walked away from you was almost as if he never wanted the kiss to happen broke your heart entirely.

You had been naïve enough to believe that Tom did harbour a tiny bit of feelings for you, your heart believing that happy endings were real and that you hadn't gotten yourself stuck with the truth that Tom would never feel the same for you. You chuckled dryly, the ring gleaming in your dim apartment mocking you silently as your thoughts drifted and you found yourself wandering off to the day where you first met Tom.

You remembered seeing him in the hallway looking as confused as a lost puppy, his eyebrows furrowed in frustration as he struggled to make sense of the class schedules. It didn't take a rocket scientist to know that he was the new kid that everyone was talking about.

Taking it upon yourself to give the poor chap a hand, you walked up to him and that, that was the beginning of everything.

You could still see the image of him from his years back, you remembered giggling at his poor attempt of gelling his curls back.

"You must be the new kid, I'm (Y/n)" You had introduced cheerily, with a wide smile and you would never forget the first time your eyes met his hazel ones, you remembered how beautiful they were, and the way your heart skipped a beat when his lips curled into a crooked smile.

"That obvious huh?"

"You bet" You teased as he laughed, his laughter sounding like music to your ears.

"I'm in class 3A and I don't know where the hell that is". He had grumbled and as much as you didn't want to admit it back then, but you found the way he frowned adorable.

"You're in the same class as me potty mouth"

"Hey!"

You had led him to your classroom and even invited him to sit next to you which you were secretly ecstatic he accepted, a boyish grin on his face as he finally introduced himself to you.

His name was Tom and he had recently moved from Kingston.

Pretty soon, lunches were spent together, the both you hitting the cinemas every time a new movie dropped, dinners were spent at each other's places, and before you knew it, your cheeks would blush a tomato red each time he came close, butterflies would flutter in your tummy every time Tom pulled you into a tight hug, and your heart would ache a little more than it should when you see your tablemate flirting with the other girls.

It wasn't long before you realised you had fallen for your best friend.

You buried your face in your hands as you choked on your sobs, never have you thought in a million years that loving Tom would hurt as much as this.