for better or for worse (1) | t.h

Pairing: Tom Holland x reader (CEO!Tom)

Summary: In order to inherit his father's company, your best friend, Tom asks you to marry him. What could possibly go wrong?

Word count: 3k (what?!)

Warnings: a lil' angsty, unrequited love, Tom being a lil' bit of a jerk, a few bad words here and there

A/n: this is my first series, please don't let it flop😫, your feedback is always appreciated, please let me know what you think!

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"Love, I need a favour". You sighed as Tom's voice echoed from your phone, you swerved through the throngs of people that bustled in the busy streets of London, your Louboutins clicking against the pavement as the company your worked in came into view.

"Yes Thomas, I am coming up with your lunch". You replied, your voice laced with sarcasm as you walked towards the tall skyscraper in the middle of the city, your phone pressed against your ear. You shot the security guard who opened the door of the entrance for you a small smile, almost sighing when the cool air conditioning of the building cooled you down almost instantly.

"It's not that (y/n), just meet me at the usual place" Tom said before he cut the call. You grumbled in annoyance, god, who the hell in the right mind goes to the god damned roof top at one in the afternoon.

Right, your best friend and coincidentally your boss did just that, and just when you thought that you could enjoy the rest of your lunch hour in peace too.

The lift dinged as the doors open, you stepped in, and as it ascended, you used the little time you had to enjoy the cool air and the low jazz music that played in the elevator.

"Here's your lunch" You said, handing Tom the paper bag, settling onto the chair and glancing up at him, you swore you saw a hint of desperation in his eyes.

"Marry me".

You looked up at the man wide eyes, your jaw dropping as you allowed your brain to process what he had just said to your face.

"What?!"

"I said marry me". Tom said, almost as if the "favour" he was asking of you was as simple as getting him a cup of coffee.

"I got it the first time Thomas!"

"Then marr-"

"Are you out of your mind?" You exclaimed in exasperation.

"I am not, look I need to get married by next week (Y/N), and you're the best candidate darling" Tom said as he picked up the paper bag, his hand digging into it and you almost wanted to curse at him when he popped a fry into his mouth.

"You gotta be kidding me Tom, why the hell do you need to get married?" You retort as you snatched a fry out of the brunette's fingers ignoring his "hey" as you chewed on it.

"My father (y/n),".

You stared up at your best friend in confusion as he sighed, slumping in his seat.

"During his previous birthday, he told me I had to get married if I wanted to inherit the company, it's one of his fuckin' conditions," Tom added, grumbling on about how stupid the conditions were as he sipped on his mocha.

"Why me? You have tons of models at your disposal for Christ's sake Thomas". You retort, shooting him a glare.

"First off, I do not have tons of models at my disposal," Your best friend started, picking up another fry.