𝑷𝑹𝑶𝑳𝑶𝑮𝑼𝑬

I WILL BE MAKING A TEMPLATE FOR DARLENE CHARLOTTE JAMES AT SOME POINT. THIS IS ALSO PROBABLY GOING TO BE HORRIBLE, AND MAYBE UPDATED OFTEN ENOUGH. I AM SIMPIMG OVER LUKE PATTERSON AND THIS IS THE PRODUCT OF IT. PLS ENJOY

         Her thumb ached everytime it pressed into the stems too hard, forgotten smudges of blood coated the ends. She ignored the dull throb and silently cursed the lone thorn that had embedded itself into the fleshiest part of her thumb moments ago. Darlene really thought she had skinned them all off when picking them from the garden in the front yard of her grandparents house. She pushed off the sidewalk every other beat that blared through her headphones and felt at ease as the wheels thumped over the cracks in the concrete. The sun glaring on the two nails that held the wheels to the standard looking skateboard which caused her to wrinkle her nose anytime it shined in her eyes.
Lips twitching as she allowed herself to bathe in the moment, how the sun winked and glimmered as it dipped between the mountains. The steady flow of cars that flew past her in a manner that was utterly normal for a busy city and often caused her knitted cardigan to flow behind her. She thought for a moment, when catching her shadow and the flutterings of the orange material behind it, that she looked like a superhero. The smile that had formed flattered until it had faded, her tongue swiping across her cracked bottom lip. Taking a deep breath, it's become a tradition at this point, as the familiar BETH OLAM CEMETERY stone sign glared back at her from across the street. The sun always caught on the OLAM during the sunset and it made her feel as though maybe it was greeting her. It made her feel better about visiting so often and for so many years.
Darlene shifted the bouquet of unarranged flowers in the crook of her arm and used the tip of her worn-out converse to come to a slow stop once crossing the bustling street. With the ease of someone practiced in the world of skating, she stepped off the board and instinctively stepped on the furthest curve until her fingertips were able to grip the heated wheels. Her lips curled up as she took the first step through the opened gates and sent a sincere smile towards the man that was leant against the office building. Smoke lingered in an array of curls around him as his wary frame was sagged against the pillar as the cigarette was nearly finished from where it was trapped between his fingers. Their darkened gazes met and she was pleased by the wide grin she gained in return, his index and middle finger saluting her in his own form of a silent greeting. Chester and Darlene had a mutual agreement about how exhausting it was to make small talk, so they settled with the simple gesture.
Her feet led her to the very spot that she had claimed her own and that was quite literally owned by her family, no matter how tiny the plots were. Fingers brushed against the smooth stone that felt more worn down than usual. A wiry grin that was felt more sarcastic graced her lips before she let her skateboard drop between the two gravestones. She didn't waste anymore time and allowed herself to sit on the middle of the board instead of the wet grass. Her converse were already scuffed from trekking through it and she allowed the flowers to rest on her lap.