thirteen

.

- Harry -

.

"Harry." Jane smiled, sitting down in the seat next to me.

We were back in the house, my surroundings were the same and everything was back to normal. What happened?

"No..You aren't real." I try to tell myself, but there's no sound coming from my voice. All I could hear was Jane.

I look at Jane who was still smiling at me, the smile not leaving.

"I missed you. Why did you kill me?'' She tilted her head to the side in a way that haunted me. Maybe just the sight of her haunted me.

"I'm sorry Jane. I'm sorry." I tried to say, still nothing but a silence left my lips. "I'm sorry!" I yelled, yet there was no sound at all.

She had this blank look on her face, before Jane had neared me. 

Within a blink of an eye, she stabbed a knife into my stomach, as I gasped, my breath hitching in my throat. I look up at her in shock, a smirk on the girl's face.

Except, it wasn't Jane's face anymore.

It was April's.

I snap out of what the horrid dream was, as my eyes opened. Did I do that to her? Make her a killer? Would I ever let her be that person?.. And would it ever go that far?

I was still in the same room, where I remembered the nurse put me to sleep. Breathing heavily, I immediately get to my feet as I felt my heart racing.

This couldn't be happening.. Walking back and forth, I set my hands on my head.

"You'll never make it out. And it's what you do, right? Kill people." A voice that sounded exactly like mine said from behind me.

Turning around, it was me. The person I most feared.. The voice I never wanted to hear.

It was all, myself.

"You tell me to kill people. I-I don't want to." My voice shook, as I backed away.

"Thing is, I'm you. And you're me. We're tied. You're like my shadow. You do, what I do." He motioned. "Watch this."

He grabs the metal side of the bed, making my eyes widen. I went to reach for the exact same part as he did.

"No.. No stop. What are you doing?"

He harshly broke the metal piece of bed holder, as I followed the actions.

"See, I'm your conscience. You do, everything I say. No matter what. When I tell you to kill yourself, you do that."

"Stop." I begged, as he slowly neared the sharp end of the metal to his neck.

His eyes were a darker shade than mine, an ominous stare in them.

.

I gasped for air, my eyes shooting open. "O-oh.. No." I was in shock when I found the exact same metal piece in my hand.

Dropping it shakily, I glanced up to find the same nurse who put me to sleep.

"You.. You fucking did this to me! I told you!" I yelled, pointing a finger.

"You weren't supposed to do that, it was supposed to calm you down." She spoke slowly.

"My dreams are never calm. My dreams, is a place I never want to be. Do you understand that?" I nearly spat, rising in my spot from the bed.

"There is someone here to see you. I-I came to check on you, I was about to stop you but I was afraid you'd stab me instead. I'm sorry."

"Yeah." I sighed, looking down at the sharp thing that had almost killed me. Yet it was just me. My mind.

As I glanced up at the door, my heart dropped as I saw her once again.

"I thought you were dead." She told me, a look of confusion and relief on her face.

I sighed, sitting down on the floor as my head leaned on the wall.

"Nice to see you too Gemma."

.