sixteen

.

- April -

.

"April." Harry spoke quietly to me as we sat at the trunk of the van.

Zayn and Niall were in the front seat, making me wonder just where everyone else was.. Liam. Perrie. Louis.

"No.. It doesn't make any sense. You killed him." I say, and that made the feeling slowly creep in.. The feeling that I felt when he first held me captive. Fear.

"I killed him, I swear." He sighed, and I remained silent.

"Sorry." He briefly apologized.

Still not saying a word, I didn't really know what to say.

"Do you really want to know what happened?" He asked me. "Because I'll tell you everything I know that happened." He spoke quietly.

We were in the van, Zayn in the front seat, probably telling me that we were waiting for them to get back. Honestly, I didn't know what to really expect once they got back.. Everyone thought he was dead. But if Louis wasn't dead.. Then who the hell was going to be in his coffin for the funeral? I had some sort of feeling that he didn't want anyone to know that he was still, well.. Breathing.

"I knew he was going to make it, he was bleeding, but.. It wasn't to the point where he lost so much blood that he would eventually bleed to death." I whispered. "And then when I came back, he was just.. Gone."

Harry's eyebrows furrowed, in the same confused way.

"What?" I looked at him questioningly.

"I never took him out of the basement that day."

"I did, you guys really need to tone it down a bit because I can hear you from all the way over here."

We both look at Zayn, and my hatred for him grew even more by the second. "What the hell did you do to him?" I blurted out, Harry warningly setting a hand on top of mine. If I continued to wind Zayn up, he'd try something completely crazy.

"It's more like what he did for me, April.'' He smirked.

"Wh-what are you talking about.."

"I met Louis the summer of 2012, it was amazing. He was like this friend I never knew I'd have. He was.. Just so supportive. And I've been doing my research then, you know. Girls like you. And wow, it's surprising what he'd do for me. I say I want you, and he lures you right in. You being the easy taker, you just come falling for him like the innocent girl that you are.. It wasn't real April, Harry guessed right." He smirked, almost evilly.

Tears threatened to spill at the betrayal and devastation that I had felt at the moment, my heart just dropping completely. And I had this feeling I could never pick it back up, ever again.

"No.. No! It isn't true!" I cried.

"Fuck, April." Harry cursed, staring at me in shock. "I didn't know about any of this, I swear on my life. I had nothing to do with this."

Louis never loved me.. Hell, he was just playing me, keeping me close for Zayn's own observation. Again, what made me so special to them? The realization hit me that Louis had pictures of me naked. So did Harry. That easily gave Zayn the access to those too.. I felt sick. Disgusted.

All when I thought my life went so normally.. Everything seemed to tumble down once I found what really hid beneath this whole lie known as my life. What else was I going to find out?

"So Harry screwed it up a little with his weird stalker plans, Louis was supposed to give me everything about you. And after that, I would've taken you myself. But Harry here, pretty much helped me get to you in a way I never could.'' Zayn smirked. "So thanks for that."