The Todorokis

Shouta was worried about Hizashi. He was… quieter. Hizashi was never quiet and after USJ, Hizashi was strange. Not normal Hizashi level of strange either. It was the bad kind of weird.

   Touya seemed to notice it as well. He always looked puzzled when he watched his pops. Like there was something he was missing. Something… not quite right.

   And then the sports festival came around. Hizashi was suddenly back to normal. He was upbeat and excited and not puzzling anymore.

   Shouta supposed he has some sort of breakdown. He had seen Hizashi acting weird years ago when they were new heros. When they fought that bug villain. The one that tried to kill Zashi. Perhaps it was like that? The ambush did leave Zashi shaken.

   The family finally seemed to relax a little after that. Things were getting better. Things were feeling better.

   And then Shoto Todoroki approached Shouta a week after the sports festival.

   "Mr. Dabi is your son correct?" Shoto had asked.

   Shouta suddenly felt sick to his stomach. "And what about it?" He forced himself to remain calm. Think rational!

   "His name is Touya right?" Shoto seemed to get quieter.

   Shouta swallowed the lump in his throat. "Yes?" He had been expecting something like this. Though he assumed Shoto would go straight to Touya himself.

   Shoto furrowed his brows as if thinking very hard. "And he has blue fire." This was less of a question and more of a statement.

   Shouta didn't answer.

   "Mr. Aizawa. Did Touya have red hair…?" Shoto asked.

   And then there was Touya. "Hey Shouta," he started as that's what they were supposed to say at school," I need help grading these..." he trailed off.

   Shoto and Touya locked eyes for a moment before Touya looked away. "Sorry. Didn't know you were with a student." Touya turned to leave.

   "Are you Touya Todoroki?" Shoto blurted out putting his hands in his pocket.

   Touya froze to the spot. "I uh..."

   Shouta grit his teeth together. This isn't good…

   "You are." Shoto decided for himself. "You are Touya."

   Touya turned slowly. "Listen. I… I stopped going by Todoroki years ago."

   " Believe me if I could stop going by Todoroki I would." Shoto spoke dryly. " I understand. Father tried to kill you."

   And there was a giant burden lifted from Touyas chest. "You're not, like, pissed off?"

   "No." Shoto spoke.

   Shouta took this time to slip out of the room. Those two needed to talk. He left to find Hizashi. He should know about this.