Chapter 21 Regret

Stephanie and Jack were in the Slytherin common room. The two were sitting on a black leather couch while doing homework.

"Aww you guys are so cute together!" Daphne squealed.

"Daph stop bothering them. Leave them alone." Theo said while kissing Daph's cheek. Theo and Daphne were finally a couple after a few dates at Hogsmeade.

"It's ok Theo. This is the Slytherin common room. It's a public area to us Slytherins." Stephanie said while finishing her homework.

"How did you finish so fast!?" Jack said.

"I'm smart and you're not!" She giggled and laid on the couch, her head in his lap.

"If you're so smart then you can do my homework."

"I'll help you but I'm not doing it."

"Fine how about every right answer I get a kiss?"

"Alright then what is the name of the charm that makes heavier objects float?"

"Uhh next question." Stephanie laughed.

"What's the spell that makes light objects float?"

"Wingardium Leviosa!"

"Correct."

"Now I get a kiss." Jack leaned down and kissed her. Draco and Blaise walked in at that exact moment. Draco scoffed at the two. Blaise moved Stephanie off of Jack and sat between the two.

"Doing homework? Mind if I join in?"

"Not at all." Jack said. Stephanie leaned her head on Blaise's shoulder.

"Why are you like this Blaise?"

"I'm lonely."

"Hey Stephy! Is this your new boyfriend?" Her cousin Layla said. Draco left and went into his room after hearing the word boyfriend.

"Yes Layla this is Jack, Jack Layla.

"Nice to meet you Layla."

"You too. Why can't I have a boyfriend Steph?"

"You're mom said no boyfriends! So no! Not unless you're thirteen, I won't tell her then."

"Ah it's getting late. I'll see you tomorrow Steph?" Jack said.

"Mhm did you finish the homework?"

"I'll finish it later. Bye Steph."

"Bye." The two shared a kiss and then he left the common room.

"You guys are so cute." Layla said.

"Thanks I'm gonna head to bed now good night."

———————

"Jack where are we going?"

"To the Gryffindor common room!"

"Why?"

"I'm showing you how to play wizards chess. I can't believe you've never played before!"

They went inside the Gryffindor common room and Stephanie looked around.

"Wow.. this looks so different compared to the Slytherin one."

"I know. It's more comfy and warm. The Slytherin common room was rather cold and dark."

"Yeah.." Stephanie sat across from Jack who was setting up wizards chess.

"Why are you here snake?" Ron said.

"Didn't I save you from Malfoy the other day? You should be thanking me."

"Actually Harry did."

"Whatever can I spend time with my boyfriend now?"

"I guess." Ron left the common room.

The two played wizards chess. Stephanie was a natural. She got the hang of it rather quickly and won every round they played.

"It's almost dinner Jack."

"Oh come on I'll walk you down."

They both got to the Great Hall and went their separate ways. Stephanie sat next to Daphne and Layla. She ate her dinner and saw Pansy on top of Draco. She almost bursted out laughing. Suddenly, Jack left the hall in a hurry. Stephanie got up and followed him, making sure he didn't notice her. Jack went down a hallway and greeted a random Ravenclaw. The two started snogging. Jack's lips were touching the Ravenclaw's lips while his hand ran up her thigh. Stephanie wanted to cry right there and now but she tried not to. She wanted to finish things off quickly.

"Why.. you're an idiot Jack. I gave up everything for you.. my heart, my reputation, my best friend.. all so you can just hurt me. Draco was right. I should've listened to him.. I'm so stupid. Goodbye Mason we're done." Stephanie said calmly. She didn't want to show any emotion to that monster. She walked away from the two and once out of sight she ran as fast as she could. She was feeling many things. Anger, sadness, betrayal. Stephanie went out in the courtyard. It was raining. She sat on the fountain and started sobbing. 'Why am I so stupid!?' Stephanie thought. Someone wiped a tear from her cheek. She looked up and locked eyes with Draco, who sat down next to her.

"D-Draco.. I-I I'm so sorry. You were right all along! He cheated! I should've listened. I'm so sorry for everything. I take back all the words that I said to you. Please forgive me if you don't hate me. I can't lose you Draco I jus-"

Draco shut her up by kissing her. His warm, soft lips met her cold and wet ones. His cold hand was on her cheek, sending shivers down her spine and butterflies in her stomach. He pulled away from her.

"It's ok Steph, I forgive you. Now let's go back to the common room. You're soaking wet and freezing." She smiled at him. She really did miss him. The two went back to the common room. Stephanie sat in front of the fire while Draco put a blanket around her.

"I'm sorry Draco about everything I said.. I don't hate you and I would love it if things were back to normal."

"Stop apologizing. I should apologize instead. I'm sorry for being jealous and taking my anger out on you. I don't ever want to lose you. You're my best friend. I can't replace you." Stephanie smiled and hugged him. He returned the hug and were greeted with silence, a soothing silence. Draco took Stephanie's hand and slid the snake ring on her finger. Eventually students started to come in the common room. Once they saw the two sitting and talking with each other, they smiled. They were glad that they had the Slytherin royals back together. Without them they fell a part, taking sides on who was right and who was wrong.

"Oh my Merlin Stephanie why are you soaking wet!?" Daphne said and sat down next to her.

"She was going for a walk in the rain." Draco chuckled.

"So you're both on talking terms now? Good you two are really childish."

"More him than me." Stephanie said.

"Liar."

"Mhmm sure."

Blaise, Theo, Crabbe, and Goyle sat by the three.

"Glad to see our Slytherin princess and prince back!" Blaise said.

The group sat in front of the fire talking until midnight. Stephanie and Draco were back to being friends again. There was no one in Draco's way for him to confess his love to Stephanie next year. She didn't have a boyfriend and everyone who has a crush on her is nothing compared to Draco. His plan was working now.