part 5: a plan

After he was sure that Orchid was far away, Otis left the pillow room in search of someone that'd like to go to the dance with Oksana. All while carefully trying to avoid Olympia, Oksana and Oona by the way.

After asking some agents if they wanted to take Oksana to the dance, most of them saying no because they were afraid of her, Otis decided to ask Owen. If Owen said no, Otis would pretty much be out of tricks on this one.

He walked over to the security agent to ask the question that he'd asked at least eighty times today.

"Hey, Owen." Otis greeted.

"Hey, Otis. What's up?" Owen replied casually.

"Do you want to take Oksana to the dance?" Otis blurted out, not wanting to waste any time.

"Sure."

"Great. Thanks. Please ask her as soon as you can and let me know how it goes." Otis replied, then turning to walk away, not even bothering to question why Owen agreed so easily. He almost didn't even wanna know.

Now it was time to find a date for Oona.

Otis looked at his watch. He had to hurry up, break time had just started, and Olympia would be wondering where he was.

Just then, Otis heard giggling and talking coming from the direction of the lab, and he'd know those voices anywhere. It was Olympia and Oona chatting with each other. Otis took that as his cue to hide somewhere. He darted toward the hall of doors, luckily before they saw him.

Otis strolled through the hall of doors with his hands behind his back, keeping an eye out for any of the girls he was currently avoiding. He knew it would be trouble if Olympia and Oona got to talking to each other about the dance, seeing as both of them wanted to go with Otis.

Otis had to act fast finding Oona a date, or else both her and Olympia might end up super sad and/or mad at him about this whole thing. And he definitely didn't wanna ruin Oona and Olympia's friendship by causing them to fight over him.

Just as all of these thoughts were rushing through Otis' mind at top speed, someone bumped into him, causing him to stumble back a bit. Otis looked up saw Ocean holding what looked to be a pet carrier.

"Oops, sorry about that dude." Ocean said casually.

"Oh hey, Ocean. Don't worry about it." Otis replied, sort of out it since literally all that was on his mind was Olympia and Oona and finding Oona a date.

"Hey, you know it's break time already. Why aren't you eating lunch with Olympia or something?" Ocean asked purely out of curiosity.

"Oh uh it's a long story.…" Otis trailed off, not wanting to explain the whole thing.

"What's with the pet carrier?" Otis questioned, pointing to the pet carrier Ocean was holding, trying to shift the focus away from himself.

"Oh I was just about to take it to the storage room to trade it in for a bigger one. Underestimated the size of one of the creatures." Ocean explained nodding slowly.

Otis nodded once. "Good luck with that. I guess I'll see you later then." he said. But Ocean stopped him before he could walk away.

"Oh hey, do you uh…. know if Oona has a date to the dance yet?" Ocean awkwardly asked.

Otis lit up. There it was! The answer was right in front of him!

"No I don't think she does. Why?" Otis asked just to be sure.

"Uh, I was kinda thinking of asking her…." Ocean trailed off slightly blushing.

"You like her?" Otis inquired, hoping that the reply was yes.

"Yeah." Ocean replied simply.

Otis nodded seriously "I think you should ask her." he said, trying to sound as casual as possible, even though inside he was shouting with joy.

"Really?" Ocean asked, his eyes full of hope.

"Really." Otis confirmed with a nod. "But, I'd definitely do the pet carrier thing first." he added, making sure that he'd have ample time to talk to Oona first.

Ocean smiled "Thanks dude." he said.

Otis watched as he walked off, just to make sure he was still headed to the storage room first.

As soon as Ocean was out of sight, Otis booked back to the main part headquarters in search of Oona. His whole plan was coming together. But he wasn't gonna celebrate until he and Olympia were at the dance together and everyone was content.