Todoroki x Reader

Start from the beginning

You wished Todoroki was here right now. You wondered if he'd believe you if you told him his dad stood up for you, and what his reaction would be.

"I've been studying with a close friend. He's been a lot of help lately." You smiled.

"Studying with a boy? Oh yeah, of course, another distraction-" your father rolled his eyes, about to go on another one of his speeches on how you didn't get accepted into UA just to fool around with the boys there. It was what he always did when you mentioned a guy.

"I think Miss L/N is doing well with the chances she's been given. I'm sure she'll have no trouble getting those grades up. And as a parent, I know that it's important to encourage our children." Endeavor knew that he was long overdue in the child encouragement department, for all of his kids.

He'd been pretty shitty, but he was trying. While he might've been years overdue, he still wanted what was best for his kids, and he hoped they could see that he was indeed trying.

"I don't follow." Your father pouted, looking at you with a frown. He gathered his things and stood up from the table.

"I'm going to be late for work. I'm disappointed in you, don't make me waste another lunch break over your foolishness." Your father insulted you before walking away.

You sat quietly in your seat not bothering to watch as he left.

Endeavor sighed and placed a hand on your shoulder.

Encourage your kids to do their best.

"You're doing great, kid. Keep up the good work." He patted your shoulder before looking up at the restaurant.

"Uhm, Endeavor, sir?" You stood up, holding your progress report in your hands.

"I kind of need a signature to turn this in, and well my father-"

"I got ya, my son's in your class I think." Endeavor chuckled, taking the paper and pen you had in your hands. He signed his name onto the paper, before handing it back to you.

"Thank you. I'm so sorry about my dad. He's just upset-"

"I understand. She'll come around." Endeavor looked at his watch before nodding his head.

"I've got to get going now!" Endeavor beamed, still as loud and brooding as always. He was a great hero.

"Go kick those bad guys' butts!" You cheered. You smiled as he walked off heading off to save the day some more.

At the dorms ;)

"Hey, Todoroki!" You smiled holding your progress report in your hand. You'd just gotten back to the dorms, it was a little after 2 pm.

"Did you get your report signed?" He smiled softly, looking at you putting an arm around your shoulder.

"Yeah, honestly if it wasn't for your dad I'd be in-"

"My dad?" He questioned, looking at you confused. Your cheeks turned red.

"I totally blanked, I'm so sorry-"

"No no, it's okay, just explain from the top okay?"

"My dad yelled at me a whole bunch for a bad grade in History, and your dad sorta stepped in and saved the day." You giggled nervously.

"He also signed my progress report." You opened it to show your boyfriend.

"I guess he's not always a jerk." Todoroki smiled with a soft chuckle, happy to see that a run-in with his dad and his girlfriend hadn't ended terribly.

(Sorry if there's too many time-skips!) At the Todoroki household

"Ah, Shoto it's great to see you!" Enji's voice boomed. You were nervous. Todoroki was introducing you to his dad, as his girlfriend.

It'd been about two weeks since the progress report incident, and Todoroki had come to terms that he should probably tell his dad about his relationship, and you seemed happy to finally meet his parents, formally.

Todoroki and you had been dating for a few months now.

"Dad this is my girlfriend, Y/N L/N." Todoroki introduced you as you waved at the red-haired man.

"I recognize you-"

You held up your signed progress report with a smile, giggling a bit at his confused reaction.

"Nice to formally meet you." You giggled, your arm interlocked with Todoroki's.

You were worried he was going to disapprove of you. But instead...

"Ah, my son has an eye for greatness it seems." He gave you a smile. "Come along then, I made some spicy ramen."

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕰𝖓𝖉