The next day after school, my phone buzzed. It was a text from Maki.

Y/N, I need your help.

why? you said you didn't need it

I know! But... Nico is hard to reach.

that sucks since we only have Friday before this weekend

I'm fine with we get a replacement. Nico shouldn't be the reason we are behind.

don't give up until next week is over. she is your friend after all

I guess you're right, Y/N.

What kind of person uses correct punctuation in their texts? I put my phone down. It's been a long time since I've caught up with Jason. I wonder how he's doing? Chilling out with him would better than the mess I'm currently in.

I'm starting to get worried about Nico... I could have lived without Muse, but being without her sucks. I have nothing to do at all. I want her back...

Maki and I don't share any classes since she is a First Year. We met up during lunch break.

"Hey Y/N, do you know where Nico usually goes during lunch?"

"I mean, we would normally stick around together. Our favorite spot to eat was in the club room."

"You think she's in there?"

"Yeah, she has nowhere else to go."

"Can't deny that."

Maki flashed a smile.

"So what are you waiting for, Y/N? Hurry up."

"Sorry."

We walked as fast as we could through the halls, avoiding getting in trouble. When we reached the entrance, I looked at Maki. She nodded. We opened the door. It made a creepy creaking sound. The room was dark.

"Is she in here?"

"Let's check the spare room."

A light was coming from underneath, that door. I don't know how Maki was so oblivious to not see it. I opened that door.

"Both of you? Why do you want to talk to me so badly?"

Is Nico serious right now?

"Why do you try so hard to ignore us?"

She looked at me. Instead of trying to reason with us, she thought that the only logical conclusion was to run. Nico bolted. I guess she didn't remember that I can run faster than her. I caught up and wrapped my arms around her chest before she could leave the club room.

"Y/N! Stop! Please!"

"Y-You stop..."

Maki caught up. She plopped a chocolate into Nico's mouth. That calmed her down. She looked at Maki.

"You got more?"

"Only if you don't run away."

Nico sighed.

"Fine."

We all sat down at the table in the middle of the room. Nobody was talking. What was the point of this if it's too awkward to talk? I spoke up.

"Nico, why do-"

"Maki was the one who gave me the chocolates. Only she can speak."

Maki looked angry.