𝟒𝟑. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐧𝐚𝐤𝐞

Start from the beginning

"Ohhh you mean Theodore and Sirius"
"Yes of course I do" Elle muttered hurriedly, "I think they're both animagi"
The twins seemed shocked as Elle broke the news to the, but they believed her straight away just like they usually did.
"You saw it in a dream didn't you" Elle nodded quickly,
"You have to tell dumbledore" they spoke together, Elle had already considered this however she decided that she didn't want to tell the headmaster.

"I'm not going to" the twins seemed taken aback,
"Elle are you stupid, he has to know... this could be how he's breaking in to Hogwarts,
"Yes but all animagi are registered with the ministry, so he probably already knows and I don't want to make a fool of myself"
"They could have done it illegally Elle, it happens more than you think and in their case I wouldn't put it past them" Fred hissed,
"Do you know what they're turning into" George interrupted,
"A black dog and a snake" she muttered,
"I think you should tell Dumbledore Elle, if not you'll regret it"

Elle lay awake in bed wishing that she could sleep, the voices of the twins swam in her head and she knew that they were right. Telling Dumbledore was the right thing to do. She didn't know why in her mind this seemed wrong. It wasn't as though she cared what happened to the two criminals.

She hated the fact that Theodore was her brother more than anything. No. It wasn't that. Truthfully, knowing how the two had escaped made her feel like she was part of the crime. This of course wasn't true but her brain was telling her that she was in the wrong for knowing, that somehow she was connected to this. Considering she was the sister of one of the criminals she didn't want it to be assumed that she had any part in this. Elle knew Dumbledore was aware of her gift but if he had to explain it to others, would they believe she truly wasn't involved.

✰✰✰

Just as Elle thought she was about to drift off to sleep, she heard a piercing scream coming from the other side of the common room. She jumped up and noticed that Angelina and Lauren had done the same. They exited the dorm quickly and ran into the main part of the common room where students were already crowding around. Suddenly a dark figure sprinted out of the boys dorms and disappeared from the room. Elle gulped as more boys came running out of their rooms seeming distressed.

"What is happening" the voice of Percy Weasley rang out "why is everyone out of bed"
The entrance opened again but this time it was McGonagall who stepped it,
"What is going on here" she called loudly, voices sprang up from all around but Elle turned to see a sickly looking Ron practically being carried into the room by Harry,
"It was him... Sirius Black" Ron yelled and everyone fell silent.

"I woke up and he was hovering over me with a knife, he was going to kill me" the ginger yelped. McGonagall paled and immediately left the common room. The brunette saw the twins stepping out of the room looking confused, they immediately spotted Elle and walked over,
"I saw him" Elle stated "he ran through here"

"I just heard Ron scream" Fred murmured softly,
"Thought he was just having a nightmare" George shrugged, Minerva entered the common room again with a look of anger on her face,
"Who was stupid enough to write all of the common room passwords down on a piece of paper and then left it lying around" she yelled, everyone looked around to each other before seeing the scared looking third year Neville Longbottom raising his arm while shaking.

✰✰✰

"Are you telling me that you're still considering not telling Dumbledore" George seemed shocked as the three of them sat at the Gryffindor table in the great hall,
"I know I have to tell him I just" Elle paused, she didn't want to admit the reason why she felt so against telling the head master because she knew both of the twins would think her mad because of it. Instead she decided to ignore them. She looked up to the teachers table and was relieved to see her uncle back in his usual place. He definitely looked more ill than usual so Elle assumed that this was why he was missing lessons.

"You just what?" Fred repeated loudly causing some people to turn their head towards them,
"Nothing" Elle snapped "I'll tell him just not today"
"Elle you can't wait for a good opportunity, Sirius Black almost killed our brother last night.. if you don't tell him we will" Elle sighed and placed her head in her hands ignoring the beginning of a headache coming along,
"I'll tell him ok, just give me some time" the twins definitely weren't happy about this proposition and continued to argue with Elle as she tried to eat her dinner.

"If anyone dies Elle, it'll be your fault" as soon as the words left Fred's mouth he seemed to regret it,
"Wait that's not what I meant" he countered but Elle had already had enough. She stood up in the middle of the hall and strode out angrily leaving the twins to look regretfully after her.

She didn't want to go back to the common room as she knew this would be the first place the two red heads would look for her. Instead she sat by the lake against the tree where her Hufflepuff friends usually sat.
She gazed over the water for a while, an hour must have passed before she decided to move. The light reflected daintily off the water and it seemed silver in the sunlight. Elle knew that she had to face what was going on sooner or later, although she was annoyed over what Fred had said to her she understood what he had meant. If anyone did die because of this she'd regret not doing anything.

She gathered herself to her feet gingerly and began to make her way back to the castle. The silence around her was peaceful and calming and she wished she could stay here longer. Just as she began walking back to the castle she heard a distinct hissing noise, as she looked down she jumped immediately in fear observing a long green snake slithering through the grass almost completely concealed. It paid her no attention as it made its way towards the tree that Elle knew to be the whomping willow.

The brunette felt like ice as she watched the snake go, usually she wouldn't care much after all it wasn't as though she was scared of snakes.
However she was definitely scared of this one as this was the snake she'd been seeing in her dreams.

✰✰✰