7

Chapter Seven
~ Love the way you lie ~

A year had passed and Elizabeth was now a sole partner at Smith & Co, along side Elijah. Their one year anniversary was coming up and Elijah had planned to tell her all about who he truely was. He planned to cook her dinner in the comfort of his own home before dropping the bomb on her. It wasn't going to be much of a bomb seeing as she already knew but he thought the information he had was going to shock her to the core.

Elizabeth had the same idea. She was gonna invite him to her home and cook him dinner before telling him that she was an angel. That was gonna be a bigger bomb then Elijah telling her he was an original vampire. Elizabeth was nervous, she didn't know how he'd react to finding out that she knew about him even when they met. She wondered if he would be angry that she kept such a secret. Their relationship could be ruined because of this. Elizabeth walked into the office Friday morning with a bright smile placed upon her ruby red lips. The employees she walked past said good morning to her and watched her walk as if she was a goddess. In all honesty, she was.

"Morning baby." Elizabeth greeted leaning against Elijah's office door. He looked up from his paper work and his mouth went dry. There she stood in all her glory. Her pencil skirt clinging to her skin tightly, outlining her curves. His eyes narrowed upon her dress shirt she wore or should he say his dress shirt. The top two buttons were undone, revealing to much of her cleavage for his liking.

"Come here, close the door." Elijah said firmly. His tone sent a shiver down Elizabeth's spine. She did as she was told and walked over the Elijah. He turned his chair and gestured her to sit on his lap. Elizabeth looked at him confused but he just sent her a look telling her if she didn't do as she was told he'd punish her. She sat on his lap and wrapped her arms around his neck.
"Is this my shirt?"

Elizabeth nodded while biting her lip as Elijah fumbled around with the collar. His fingers moved down towards her cleavage and she let out a breathy moan. He grasped her cheek and kissed her lips softly before they pulled away.

"Happy anniversary, my love." Elijah said softly before standing her up. He followed in pursuit before doing up one of the buttons on her shirt. She whined in disapproval.

"I liked it with two buttons undone." Elizabeth spoke with a pout. Elijah smirked before shrugging and undoing the button again.

"If i catch one person here starring at your cleavage, their fired." Elijah stated. Elizabeth nodded before changing her mind and doing one of the buttons up not wanting to get someone fired. They left his office together and headed up to the meeting room.

"I have something i need to talk to you about. Do you mind if we have our anniversary dinner at my place? I'll cook us dinner." Elizabeth asked. Elijah looked down upon her confused.

"I too have something i need to talk to you about. I was gonna offer my house but we can have dinner at yours." Elijah responded. She smiled and nodded before they walked out of the elevator and towards the conference room.

Even though they had been dating for a year they hadn't moved in with each other. They had been taking everything slow. So slow that they hadn't even had sex yet or said that they loved each other. Elizabeth was scared that one day she would have to go back to heaven and she didn't want to feel the pain of loving someone and having to let them go. Whereas Elijah was scared that one day he'd have to return to his family and he didn't want to drag her into that mess because one day if that happened he knew he'd probably die.

Elizabeth left work at exactly 4pm sharp. She got home and started preparing dinner for the two of them. Elijah wasn't coming over til 7pm so that gave her plenty of time. She cooked their first meal together, which was spaghetti and meatballs. Elizabeth looked up at the clock and noticed that it was 6:30pm. She quickly had a shower before getting dressed, nicely but still casual as they were staying in. Her doorbell rang and she walked over and smiled seeing Elijah standing by the door with a bouquet of roses.

"Hey." Elizabeth greeted as she opened the door. Elijah looked her up and down before smiling brightly and offering her the flowers.

"You look as beautiful as you did the day I first met you." Elijah spoke. Elizabeth blushed before thanking him and letting him inside the house. They stepped into the kitchen and Elijah leaned against the island bench watching as she continued to finish cooking their dinner.

"Of course you are making spaghetti and meatballs." Elijah joked. Elizabeth sent him a playful glare before they continued to speak as Elizabeth dished up their meals and placed them on the dinner table. They took their seats before they started to eat and just enjoy each other's company.

After dinner concluded and they washed their dishes Elizabeth lead him into the lounge room. They both knew it had come to the part of the evening where all their secrets would be spilled out. Elijah passed her a glass of wine before they took a seat next to each other.

"Do you want to go first or me?" Elijah asked. Elizabeth shrugged, although her confess was bigger then his.

"Same time?" Elizabeth asked. Elijah took in a deep breathe and nodded. They counted down together and once they hit three they both blurted out,

"I'm a vampire."

"I'm an Angel."

Elijah's eyes widened in shock as Elizabeth looked down at her hands. Although he was shocked about her being an angel, he noticed that she wasn't all too shocked about him being a vampire.

"I am shocked but why aren't you?" Elijah asked. Elizabeth turned her head looking anywhere but him. His hand snaked around her cheek and pushed her face to look at him.

"I've been around a long time Eli. I knew who you were the moment we met." Elizabeth confessed. Elijah looked at her, he wondered if she was lying but by the look in her eyes told him she wasn't. He scoffed and stood up moving to lean against her fireplace.

"Why are you on earth? Are you having a little vacation from heaven? Having a little fun?" Elijah asked. His mind filling with doubts, as if she was just hear for fun, if she was with him for fun. He wondered if that was why she hadn't told him she loved him. Elizabeth saw that his mind was spinning with doubts, she quickly stood up and collected his hands in her own.

"Elijah i am here on earth because i wanted to live life as a mortal. I am not here for fun, i am not with you for fun. I am with you because you make me feel human." Elizabeth explained. Elijah looked down at her but shook his head.

"We've been together for a year and you haven't even said you love me. How am i suppose to believe that this isn't just a game to you?" Elijah asked turning around. Elizabeth grabbed his arm and turned him back around.

"About 10 years ago i was on earth, I met and fell in love with someone. As soon as i let him in God dragged me back to heaven. I didn't want to let myself care for you like that just to be ripped from you. I asked you a year ago if you were willing to risk being heart broken for me, God can drag me back to heaven whenever he pleases. If i have to say it for you to believe me i will, I love you Elijah Mikaelson. I love you with every part of me, I love the way you lie." Elizabeth explained to him. Elijah looked down upon her shocked. In a moment he had captured her lips in his. They kissed each other with so much passion yet they could feel the pain through each kiss. They spent the rest of the night in bed together, Elijah afraid that she may disappear while Elizabeth was afraid she'd hurt him the deeper she fell for him.