4

Chapter Four
~ Speechless ~

Another 2 months had passed since Elizabeth meet the original vampire. Their feelings towards each other had grown a lot yet neither of them had acted. They were both scared about bringing each other into their own worlds. Yes, Elizabeth knew about Elijah being an Original vampire but she didn't want to open up to him about heaven and hell. There was just too much danger in it all, even for an original vampire.

She didn't want to get attached to Elijah and then be dragged back to heaven. She never wanted to brake his heart like that, ever. Elizabeth already knew the pain he was going through from leaving his family, she couldn't add to that.

Tonight was Smith & Co's annual gala. It was a party to celebrate their first year as a company. Of course Elizabeth had to go seeing as she was a big part in the company, although she invited Jenifer to accompany her.

"Jenny, I have nothing to wear!" Elizabeth yelled from inside her walk-in wardrobe. Jenifer huffed and walked in sending her a look.

"You have a million different dresses. Why can't you pick?" Jenifer asked and this caused Elizabeth to blush. She wanted to impress someone, that someone being her boss.
"You wanna impress Elijah."

Elizabeth sent her a glare but looked away. Jenifer chuckled before turning and looking at all her dresses. She smiled and pulled one from the rack.

"This. It's elegant and complements your skin tone. You'll have him falling to his knees in front of you." Jenifer stated. Elizabeth looked at the dress and smiled. It was perfect.

Jenifer and Elizabeth left the house and found a limo waiting for them out the front

Jenifer and Elizabeth left the house and found a limo waiting for them out the front. They looked at each other confused before James stepped out of the drivers seat and opened the back door.

"Mr. Smith sent me to pick you both up." James stated and Jenifer nudged Elizabeth's shoulder with a smile. She rolled her eyes before they both got into the limo.

"He sent you a limo. Isn't that fancy?" Jenifer asked picking up a glass of champagne. Elizabeth chuckled.

"That's Elijah for you." Elizabeth replied. Jenifer leaned forward and raised her eyebrows.

"Why don't you just jump his bones already?" Jenifer asked and Elizabeth chuckled at her terminology.

"Because I can't Jen. I'll end up braking his heart, I can't do that to him." Elizabeth replied softly, not realising that James had heard their conversation. Jenifer nodded understanding where she was coming from before dropping the topic.

The limo came to a halt and James had opened to door for them. They got out and looked up to see the building lit up with lights. The two females thanked James before walking through the the front door. Most people turned towards them and watched in envy as they strutted inside.

Elijah had been speaking to a couple of employees but his sentence died as soon as she walked through the front doors, he was speechless. His mouth dropped slightly as he watched her hips sway as she walked. Her eyes scanned the room and when they met his she blushed.

"Excuse me." Elijah said before walking towards her. He met both ladies by the front door and smiled brightly.

"Good evening ladies." Elijah said. He pulled Jenifers hand up and placed a quick kiss upon it before moving to Elizabeth. Instead of picking up her hand he pulled her closer to him and kissed her cheek. Elizabeth blushed at the sudden gesture.
"I must say you are looking outstandingly beautiful tonight, Elizabeth."

"Thank you. You clean up pretty well yourself, Elijah." Elizabeth replied. Elijah let out a small chuckle before offering his hand to her.

"May I have this dance?" He asked. Elizabeth glanced at Jenifer and she nodded. Elizabeth placed her hand in Elijah.

"Of course." She replied before Elijah lead her to the dance floor. His arm wrapped around her waist as their other hand clasped together and Elizabeth rested a hand upon his shoulder. They moved around the room silently, both engrossed in each other eyes.

To the people around them, they looked like the happiest couple in the world. It was like they had been together for centuries. Some people started whispering about them while others just watched in awe.

"It's time for me to make a speech." Elijah whispered into Elizabeth's ear. She nodded before they pulled away. He walked to the stand at the front of the room while Elizabeth made her way over to Jenifer.

"May I have everyone's attention, please." Elijah's voice echoed through the building. Elizabeth stood next the Jenifer and she nudged her while raising her eyebrows up and down. Elizabeth rolled her eyes before looking towards Elijah to see him already looking at her.

"Thank you all for coming out tonight to celebrate Smith & Co's 1 year anniversary!" Elijah started. Everyone clapped before Elijah continued.
"This year has been a challenging one, it was our learning year, our stepping stone as we continue to make change. I thank all our employees for their tremendous hard work. There is one person I'd like to thank the most and this person is our employee of the year. She hasn't been working here long but she has made such an impact on this company, these employees and myself. Please put your hands together for Miss Elizabeth Avery!" Elijah said making Elizabeth's eyes widened. Jenifer pushed her telling her she had to go to the front. Everyone around her clapped and cheered as she stepped next to Elijah. He smiled at her before handing her an envelope.

"Thank you, Mr. Smith. I look forward to another great year working with you all." Elizabeth stated before shaking Elijah's hand and walking back to Jenifer again. Elijah thanked everyone again before telling them to enjoy the party. The music started playing again before Elizabeth opened the envelope. She noticed a lump sum of money before she saw a piece of paper.

Elizabeth pulled the paper out before placing the envelope in her purse. She opened the note and read it to Jenifer.

"Meet me on the roof -Elijah." Elizabeth read. Her eyes widened as she looked at Jenifer. She smiled and nodded.

"Go! Look you may think you will brake his heart but I know you. You wouldn't do that unless it was absolutely necessary." Jenifer exclaimed. Elizabeth paused for a moment before signing.

"Fuck it." Elizabeth yelled before making her way to the elevators. Her heart started beating faster with every floor she went up. She didn't know if she could do this, could she be in a relationship with her boss and keep what she is a secret. There was only one way to find out and that's what she was gonna do now.