3

Chapter Three
~ Queens Don't ~

It had been almost a week since Elizabeth started working at Smith & Co. If she was being honest, this job was her dream. She was always in meetings and her input on blogs and writers was taken seriously by Elijah. She felt heard and it was like she had a purpose.

Elijah loved hearing her speak, the way she described a writers writing was breathe taking, he found her breathe taking. How she interpreted blogs and edited their own to make them more approachable to teens, young adults and even the elderly. He was ready to make her a sole writer for them.

"Miss Avery. Mr Smith would like to speak with you in his office." Vanessa spoke through Elizabeth's intercom. She smiled and held a button on the machine.

"Thank you Vanessa. Please let him know that I will be down in a minute and have a nice weekend Vanessa." Elizabeth replied. She picked up her purse and turned off her laptop putting it into a bag. After her visit to Elijah's office she would be leaving to go home, seeing as it was the end of the day.

Elizabeth left her office and entered the elevator going down to the bottom floor. The entire building was just about empty as it was around 9pm and everyone had gone home. When the doors opened she headed straight to Elijah's office and knocked. She heard a faint 'come in' before she opened the door and closed it behind her.

"Vanessa said you wanted to see me?" Elizabeth asked taking a seat in front of his desk. Elijah nodded while leaning forward. He picked up a booklet and dropped it in front of her. She jumped slightly at the sudden movement.

Elizabeth raised her eyebrows and picked up the papers eyeing it suspiciously. Her eyes widened in shook before she snapped her head to look up at Elijah.

"What!" She exclaimed in shock. Elijah nodded while standing up and moving to stand in front of her.

"Yes. I want you to become the head of the writing department here at Smith & Co. I know you have only been working her for just over a week but I see potential in you." Elijah started to explain. Elizabeth raised her hand to her mouth in shock. She didn't know what to say, this was her dream job. To write and edit her own writing, plus for a multimillion dollar company.
"What do you say?" Elijah asked.

"Yes!" Elizabeth exclaimed. She jumped from her seat and engulfed Elijah into her arms, shocking both herself and Elijah. She pulled away quickly and blushed.
"I am so sorry. That won't happen again."

Elijah chuckled and shrugged. To be honest he didn't mind the feeling of her arms around him. Oddly, they made him feel safe and at home in her loving grasp. He lifted a pen towards her and she quickly flipped to the last page and signed the new contract.

"Thank you so much for this opportunity Elijah. I promise I will do my very best and nothing less. Have a great weekend and I'll see you on Monday." Elizabeth said placing our her hand. Elijah smiled and shook it firmly. They both starred at each other for what seemed like a long time before Elizabeth looked away. She turned and left the office before calling her best friend.

"Jenny! Are you working tonight?" Elizabeth asked as her best friend, Jenifer King answered the phone.
"I just got offered the job of my dreams!"

"Yes girl. Come down to the club I'll shout you a drink on my tab." Jenifer yelled through the phone as the music from the club was blaring in the back ground. Elizabeth agreed before hanging up.

Her best friend Jenifer owned about three clubs within fortitude Valley in Brisbane city. So naturally Elizabeth got free drinks whenever she went. Everyone who worked at the club knew who she was and never charged her.

Elijah watched as Elizabeth got into her car and drove away from the building. He had been listening to her phone call and in all honesty, Elizabeth knew he was. She was secretly hoping he'd make an appearance for her otherwise she knew her night would end in a drunk phone call to him. Elijah smiled to himself and thought why not go have a little fun, so indeed he did follow her.

When Elizabeth arrived at the club she parked in the VIP parking and entered through the back door not needing to use the front. The music blared from the DJ as she made her way through the crowds up to the bar.

"Jenny!" Elizabeth yelled over the music as she sat down at the bar. Jenifer spun around and smiled brightly.

"Beth, my angel best friend. Here's your first of many drinks. Let's have some fun!" Jenifer screamed and Elizabeth knew she was already drunk. I mean it's not like she could be kicked out, when she owned the place.

As soon as he entered the club Elizabeth felt his presence. The power radiating off of him hit her like a truck. She turned towards the entrance and noticed him standing upon the stairs, a hand shoved in his dress pant's pocket while the other one held the railing. He looked glorious. Elijah's eyes scanned the club before they fell upon Elizabeth. A smile graced his lips when he caught her already gawking at him. Elizabeth quickly spun her head around and starred back at Jenifer.

"Jenny! i'm gonna need some liquor courage. Get me a refill, please." Elizabeth asked. Jenifer sent her a look.

"Queens don't need liquor courage." Jenifer stated. Elizabeth sent her a look before Jenifer refilled her drink. Elizabeth sculled it down before she noticed his presence behind her.

"Elizabeth. I didn't know you'd be here." Elijah's voice reached her ears. She spun around and smiled towards her boss. She knew that his words were a lie, he knew she'd be here.

"Well my best friend owns the place. I thought i'd come celebrate my promotion with free drinks." Elizabeth replied before offering him to sit next to her at the bar. They didn't do much drinking, instead they just talked about everything and anything. Elijah made up a fake family, not wanting to tell her about the supernatural world. Just like Elizabeth made up a fake story about her own family, not wanting to tell Elijah she knew about him or that both heaven and hell are real.