The Start

The corridors feel so wide and tall, its darker in here with only the beams of little light coming from the curtains as they sway gently from the slightly opened window.  There are group of kids my age and some are a bit younger then I, some are in three's and others are scattered along the corridors. I've been the new girl for about six weeks and making friends here is the most hardest thing to do; not that its hard to communicate. Its just once you make a friend they found a new home and then you never see them again but in saying that I had one friend that always came back; I'd seen him go with different families of all size's with sisters and brothers, very rich and loving but he never stays for long. "Fiona your still here!" He runs up to me with wide arms in his grey uniform suit that all the boys wear here. "Of Course I am" I cross my arms in frustration. "What was wrong with the family you had?" Feeling my face tighten up. "They are to bossy, I need to be free and  run into the night" he tugs on my crossed arms in front of me trying to give me a kiss on the cheek but I pull away. "Oh yeah like a wolf" my voice is in a tease like I expected it to be.  "Exactly" He runs as I follow him into a room where all our beds are lined up. We always go up to the top buck bed. His hair is in a smooth comb over to the right side and his pale skin blends in with his lips making him look like he needs more sunlight. "Did you want to stay with me forever; Is that why you came back?" A smirk plays on his lips but it short lived as he turns his face hiding it onto his pillow. "Maybe" He mumbles into the pillow. "Sorry I couldn't hear that" I lay next to him trying to get the pillow off his face but he shoots up straight as if he had gotten a marvelous idea and didn't want to forget it.  "Sneak out with me tonight at midnight by the lake?" His voice in a whisper.  "Why?" he fixes his top as he looks around to make sure no ones listening in. There is only three other people in this room near the bathroom door so I think his just being paranoid. "I want to give you something" His voice is once again in a whisper. I nod my head in agreement. On that night I lay in bed waiting for midnight, I hold my teddy bear in bed as I watch the time, it seems the time went slower when watching it so I drift my eyes to the window where a full moon appeared in the sky lighting up the lake's water and the trees around it. His already out of his bed once I looked up top  of our bunk bed. I Tip toe across the line of beds; every third step I took my toes cracks making someone slightly open there eyes. "I'm going to the toilet go back to sleep"  I whisper to them as they turn around the other side.   I make it through the last door as I see him waving at me. I made no hesitation but to run freely outside towards the lake. The air was still very warm and the wind had slowed down. My pules beat fast but I didn't care this was the greatest feeling ever. He catches me as I jump into his arms feeling his strong chest embrace the impact and then we both flip in a clumps roll. I couldn't help giggling that my heart felt lightweight in my chest. "This is fun" My voice says through giggling and catching my breath. "It's just the beginning Fiona" His voice is calm but more deeper then I remember. "So what did you want to show me? " He itches his head making his smooth comb hair messy. "Stand a little back okay?" I do what he ask, I take three steps back and wait. He still stands there in a nervous grin. "Just promise me you wont scream or run?" He folds his pajama sleeves up to his elbow. "Sure" Then it all happened. What my eyes had seen, My whole body went numb and my knees buckled somehow that I give in to his words. He turned into an actually WOLF!   I see him running  with his teeth ready to gig into my flesh. A big thud echo's through my head  as it hit's the ground hard and  everything went blank.  I could still hear his growling.   "Fiona, are you okay?" his dressed in normal clothes as if he didn't transform into a wolf. "What happened?" My head feels heavy and my neck starts to sting. "Your a like me now"  "Toby?" Why didn't I just run why couldn't my stupide legs move. "You are a wolf" He sits next to me observing my skin.  "What?" My voice sounds hazy.  Feeling liquid dripping  down my left arm . "Don't worry about the bite it'll heal" I feel his tongue warm against my skin licking the drip.   All that time he said he was a wolf I thought we were playing a game or something. "But how?" I touch the bite mark that he gave me. "My father was one, its a long story that I cant explain very well. " That all he said. "You didn't run, that good!" he turns to the lake dipping his toes in it. "You told me not do...you were my best friend Drake, why do this?"  His eyes fill in with darkness. "Didn't you want to be with me forever?" The wind picks up slightly as the trees around us sways more. "I'd thought so" I left Drake by the Lake that night while going back to bed feeling like nothing had happened. The bite  mark was fully healed by the morning. After a two weeks had past Drake and I hadn't talked. After the third week he'd been sent to another family somewhere in California. I never new if he'd came back after that because not longer I had been adopted sending me to an Australian family.  Then after a few years I came to  Stanford University not considering I'd come across Drake again but I was wrong and he had plans for me after all. Not something that I'd like but he'd keep me protected when it all come down to it .  If something I'd remember from Drake is,  he keep his  promise's even if we weren't best friends anymore. Its his wolf instincts;  I am his first lover quarrel that gets to him. Your probably thinking what's in it for me; why do I have to do this. There was a reason why I did the things he told me to do on that night. I am sired to Drake and the only way to break it is, if I turn off my human switch; which I don't want to do because that'll make me dangerous. Once you do it its hard to come back from it.  So the plan is to get close to Peter to get to his pack and divide  them out but there is always hiccups on the way; Peter's  ex partner Lisa weather there a thing or not she will not let me get near him.  Your probably thinking why cant Drake do it, the thing is he can't, Peter's alpha Max has power over Drake one wrong move against his pack he can wipe his memory clean and that wont be good for me. Sired to him forever is not my plan in life. Anyway back to his Ex Girlfriend Lisa   I will not be killing her like what Drake has suggested because I am not a monster like he has turned to be. I don't know If he'd ever gotten adopted but the mentioning about his Alpha brother Max; might mean he had been.   After the plan is done I get my bargain in return, Only Drake can undo me from himself and I think its fair considering what I have to do in order to play his cruel games. 

***Writers Board***

Thank you for reading my story even though I am still working through it. Please comment any positivity on it and don't forget to vote.